ya im kinda starting to lean away from the tbtc..the truck went 12.3 at 111mph..1.72 60ft so im thinkin thats alittle to much for a tbtc...

im just not sure whats the best for my application.. maybe i just need to order one

so far theres a pi 2600 with 4k miles for $400

or a yank 3000 with 13k for $225

either one of these a must buy?.. or anyothers out there?...or just by a new one?..not sure what either one of them cost though

also.... MR P.. u said u have a 2800.. but what brand?

Edited by RICE EATER (see edit history)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya im kinda starting to lean away from the tbtc..the truck went 12.3 at 111mph.. so im thinkin thats alittle to much for a tbtc...

so far theres a pi 2600 with 4k miles for $400

or a yank 3000 with 13k for $225

either one of these a must buy?.. or anyothers out there?...or just by a new one?..not sure what either one of them cost though

Of the two you mention, the 2600 will drive pretty close to stock in daily traffic and the performance will closely match what the truck has done prior. The 3000 is the most I would put in the truck, I've never seen a Yank 3000 in person but judging by their other products that it will be a 'tight' 3000 converter so it would still work in a Radix truck and probably get you the best launch and certainly be a bit rowdier on the street - you gotta have a little Joe Dirt in you to drive a 3000 converter :lol: So I'm saying this - the 2600 is the tried-and-true, the 3000 would be a max-effort street/strip Radix application. With both the converter clutch is good enough that you could lock it up in 3rd as well as 4th and get your top-end speeds up on the last half of the track, and with the 3000 will actually be necessary to really see it's potential IMO.

If you're worried about city mileage at all then get the 2600, the 3000 will probably kill your city MPG by .5 to .75 MPG. And make sure you have enough ATF cooler for either converter.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

i truely have alittle joe dirt in me....

:lol: yeah glad you got that one! I have a 2800, that is the right stall speed to have IMO; however since that is not the case you need to ask a couple qualified people (that have actually done it!) what the truck will behave like with that exact 3000-RPM converter, because 3000-RPM converters are not made the same at all, different stall ratios etc etc etc. If it is a 'tight' 3000-rpm converter then I say go for it, if it's a high stall-ratio type then it's probably not going to work well. Safe bet is the 2600, and I tell you what the only difference here would be maybe another tenth in your 60-ft time :dunno:

i truely have alittle joe dirt in me.... my camaro has a 5300 stall :driving: ..haha..anyways thats besides the point..

all very good points!..hmmm :banghead: this is not not easy..i wish there was like THE TC to have..lol damnit..

There is THE tc to have and most would probably agree that it is a PI. My trans builder also seconded this when I bought a new converter. I had a TCI 2600 and it was great when I drove on the street everday. I have since converted my truck to a straight drag truck and I upgraded to the PI 9.5" 3200 stall. Let me tell you, the PI is one helluva converter but it costs nearly $1000. I am sure that the other brands (YANK, etc.) are great but I am only sharing my personal experience.

yep zippy...i bought popeys truck...hope thats a good thing..lol..from what i was told u have some time in this truck..so i guess your help would help

so your guys are sayin i should go for the PI for 400... with 4k on it... dont really have a 1g to spend on a converter right now.. i still have to buy HP tuner so i can keep on eye on everything.. and ever buck i spend on fixin it is takin away from some where

id love to put a 9.5 in..if it was just a drag truck.. i can remeber the differance from all the verters ive put in my camaro.. im down to a 8inch this year.. cant wait to feel it..from the 9in last year..was a 10 the year before.. im about out of years..cant go any smaller..lol

I liked my 3000TT Yank behind the Radix for wheel spinning launches. I could get that thing to flash to 3500 no problem which IMHO is way too high for a Radix truck. I went to a 2600 Yank because I had no issues with the 3000 however I wans't so lucky with it. The 2600 Yank flashed to 3300 easy as well behind my set-up. I wouldn't trust the lock-up clutches in the 2600TT Yank at a WOT blast behind a 5500# truck for too long though :ughdance:

The 2800 PI Vig I have now is top notch however is much tighter than expected that is why I state it is a 2600,...which is more like it. Getting this thing to flash to 3000 is a challenge but it does. Lock-up is in a class by itself,...but you pay for it. :happysad:

so what ever one is sayin.. is the pi 2600 is the one to buy? there one for sale on here for 450 with 4k miles..good deal? what are they new?

also.. the truck shifts 1...2 shift is very hard under normaly driving..i was wondering if theres a way to lightin it up.. with out any bad side effects? i heard something about using corvette springs? any info on this idea? any pros and cons.. or just leave it alone?

also remeber reading about 1 or 2 washers..what im i lookin for..just curious to see if theres one 1 or 2.. from what ive heard hopefully its only 1 .. 2 tends to break stuff.. im i right?

so what ever one is sayin.. is the pi 2600 is the one to buy? there one for sale on here for 450 with 4k miles..good deal? what are they new?

also.. the truck shifts 1...2 shift is very hard under normaly driving..i was wondering if theres a way to lightin it up.. with out any bad side effects? i heard something about using corvette springs? any info on this idea? any pros and cons.. or just leave it alone?

also remeber reading about 1 or 2 washers..what im i lookin for..just curious to see if theres one 1 or 2.. from what ive heard hopefully its only 1 .. 2 tends to break stuff.. im i right?

Yes that's a good deal. AFA your 1-2 shift it will depend on what shift kit was installed in the transmission, if it was a Transgo kit then remove 1 washer from the 2nd gear accumulator cup (easy to do).

Mr. P.

if zippy set up the trans then your shifts will be hard(...hard as Lance on a date with Ashley:)) and you should be fine, its only a 4L65e!

congrats on getting a nice truck!

that thing is fast, about as fast as you are going with stock cubes and the 112

lol... ya i noticed.. and thanks....ya your probly right have the how fast thing.. but i think there still alittle left in it..i mean i can still do headers..and a cam.. meth ....im still blow away that it doesnt have headers yet..

i will join the 11 truck club!!!!!!..haha