New Spam

kaotik1

Question

• Admin

Hey guys, I am on this...

I have a list a things to install to help battle the problem.

I am working on getting the gallery all organized today. Hopefully ill get to the spam thing tomorrow.

in the meantime thanks for reporting them.

thanks guys

Doesnt your post just get erased anyway after the thread in deleted?

Nothing ever gets "erased" or "deleted", just put in a special section called "Thread Graveyard" where only mods and admins can view them.

What happened to new members having to make a certain number of posts prior to starting a new thread? There were no problems with spam when this was in place.

Members complained about that feature so the restriction was removed. So now this is what happens, spam. Unfortuneatly, we will never be able to please everyone.

But if you have the new post restriction on, at least you can please the people that have been here the longest and contributed the most. Isn't that more important than someone that does not know how to use the search button asking what CAI or Exhaust to use for the 1,000th time? It does not need to be a high number, just enough to keep the Spambots away.

But if you have the new post restriction on, at least you can please the people that have been here the longest and contributed the most. Isn't that more important than someone that does not know how to use the search button asking what CAI or Exhaust to use for the 1,000th time? It does not need to be a high number, just enough to keep the Spambots away.

:withstupid: This will almost make every new person search. If it were to be say five or ten post big deal. Introduce yourself that will make up about five post right there. About your truck would be a few more. I believe there should be a required amount before you can host your own topic.

My two pennies...

BTW for what it's worth posting is not that hard. member less than a year.

Post count

Edited by kaotik1 (see edit history)