New Spam

kaotik1

Question

But if you have the new post restriction on, at least you can please the people that have been here the longest and contributed the most. Isn't that more important than someone that does not know how to use the search button asking what CAI or Exhaust to use for the 1,000th time? It does not need to be a high number, just enough to keep the Spambots away.

It was actually a 50/50 mix of senior members and rookies that complained the most.

:withstupid: This will almost make every new person search. If it were to be say five or ten post big deal. Introduce yourself that will make up about five post right there. About your truck would be a few more. I believe there should be a required amount before you can host your own topic.

My two pennies...

BTW for what it's worth posting is not that hard. member less than a year.

Post count

:withstupid: when I first joined almost a year ago, you had to have 5 posts before you could start a new thread, I think we need to reinstate this. Besides, Mr. P. had a thread for newbies to get their post count up.......

New Forum Member Thread by Mr. P.

BTW for what it's worth posting is not that hard. member less than a year.

:withstupid: Yeah look at me, been a member for a hair more than 11 months, And I have close to 3500 posts :crazy::eek:

:withstupid: Bring back the restriction... It kept away the spam and the lack of search button use, so I'm all for it. Competent new members will have no problem adhering to the rule, and it's worth it to have the restriction in place even with a few members complaining (although no current members should care because it doesn't affect them.)

Just my $.02