Every One Post Pics Of Awd Drops

04blacksss

Use 3" drop springs in the rear instead as pinion angles can become a problem with hanger drops (causes vibration until corrected). I remember it took Mr P quite a while to get his corrected after installing his kit simply because the kit he used should have been engineered better.

...but yes, the rear can be dropped approx 1" farther than the front to level it out.

do you know which kit i can get to level the truck out?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use 3" drop springs in the rear instead as pinion angles can become a problem with hanger drops (causes vibration until corrected). I remember it took Mr P quite a while to get his corrected after installing his kit simply because the kit he used should have been engineered better.

...but yes, the rear can be dropped approx 1" farther than the front to level it out.

if you get the belltech 3" drop springs, itll actually drop it around 3.5... trust me, i got them and had to turn the torsions just to even it out even with the spindles because the rear sat lower than the front. Then i turned them more to get a nice rake :D

AK04ss, you can just get any 2" shackles and turn your torsions a little to even it out. Lefty has that exact setup and it looks pretty clean. Pretty cheap too! just make sure you get an alignment anytime you change the torsion. I'd recomment doing spindles instead of the torsions but that's really up to you, plus you might have a slight rake still since you're droppin it 2/2

• 2 weeks later...

i'd have to disagree with that statement...i used the beltech 2" spindles for the front and i used the MCgoofs hangers and then the beltech shackle.....i used NO shims what so ever all i had was an alignment....i have no vibration issues at all and ive had my truck at 120+ mph.....but i do however need new shocks bc they are compressed all the way and when i hit the slightest bump is bottoms out and sounds horrible and feels

horrible.....but i have new edelbrock shocks on order and it should fix this problem.........

i'd have to disagree with that statement...i used the beltech 2" spindles for the front and i used the MCgoofs hangers and then the beltech shackle.....i used NO shims what so ever all i had was an alignment....i have no vibration issues at all and ive had my truck at 120+ mph.....but i do however need new shocks bc they are compressed all the way and when i hit the slightest bump is bottoms out and sounds horrible and feels

horrible.....but i have new edelbrock shocks on order and it should fix this problem.........

did you take out the spacer above the rear bumpstop and cut the bump stop down some that is whgat was bottoming out on mine i did that and used toxic shocks and my truck rides awesome and no bottoming out

Such a pretty truck! Did you really "have" to sell it Dylan?

I do miss the truck, but knowing now what its like having to haul a baby around I think I made the right decision. It would've been a nightmare trying to keep the truck with the kid... plus I LOVE the TBSS.

:withstupid: , Man, I loved that truck.......even though it was red......

Thanks... and red is the best color... still.

hey dylan that truck looks firmiliar lol

did you take out the spacer above the rear bumpstop and cut the bump stop down some that is whgat was bottoming out on mine i did that and used toxic shocks and my truck rides awesome and no bottoming out

sure did...put the bumpstop on the frame and trimmed 2 nubs off....i havent installed my new shocks yet though....they havent made it here

When you do drop spindles do you have to realign it after or will it be the same? I think you have to realign it with the lowering keys but was not sure on the spindles.

yes you need an alignment....anything messing with the front end....i'd get an alignment......

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)