Deer Hunters

SS Silv

Anyother deer hunters out there? Well, I am going for my first time on Friday and I can't freakin' wait. I just bought a Doe tag, but I am sure next year I will be applying for a Buck. It's about time I get the SS down and dirty, and get a little blood in the box :devil:

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rifle season opens Nov 15th and I have four days off for it. I'm going bow hunting this weekend. I already have venison in the frezer from the first weekend of October. Shot a little doe who was already wounded by another bow hunter, she wouldnt have lasted a month at best.

Heading north Nov. 16th. Season opens on the 15th but I can't go til the weekend. Taking the SS to the farm but not into the woods. I'll ride in my fathers car and let him scratch his up.

Same here. Going up in the SSS, but no bloody deer carcass will ever see the back of my beautiful carpeted bed. We have a 62 Willy's jeep with a 3 on the floor, 4 banger soft top, 4x4 with a 5.60 trail gear in her. Top speed? 50mph...lol. At least it has descent heat. We either use that or or my dads trailblazer. Next spring, we are looking to pick up a used polaris or yamaha UTV (kind of like a side by side two seaer four wheeler). Get it all decked out with enclosed cab, heater, winch, rack etc. They cost dam near as much as a car...

Heading north Nov. 16th. Season opens on the 15th but I can't go til the weekend. Taking the SS to the farm but not into the woods. I'll ride in my fathers car and let him scratch his up. :D

:withstupid:

There is no way I could take the SS out in the woods....thats what we have the beater S10 for!

[quote name=Holty' date='Nov 8 2007, 11:16 AM' post='452031

what neck of the woods to steer clear from!?!?!?!?!?!

not to hijack this, BUT...

posting a link about a guy i know who has been hunting all his life. takes off for 3-4 month at a time to hunt all over the west. has record kills of elk, and dear with bow and rifle.

the saying, sometimes you get the bear, ...and sometimes the bear gets you.. :cry:

http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/bear_18...sey_hunter.html

and here is the follow up.. :eek:

A Barstow hunter who was attacked by a bear last week in Montana has lost the use of one eye, but is recovering from injuries sustained during the attack, according to a friend.

Barstow resident Virgil Massey, who was attacked by a bear while hunting near Corwin Springs, Mont., on Wednesday, is still in a hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah, but is improving wrote John Crawford, a friend of Massey’s, in an e-mail.

Crawford stated that Massey’s jaw was broken in the attack and remains wired shut. He stated that doctors are working to repair deep lacerations yo Massey’s chest, legs and back. Doctors have performed plastic surgery to repair injuries to Massey’s face and are optimistic that Massey’s remaining eye will improve, Crawford wrote.

He stated that although doctors have not set a date to release Massey from the hospital, he is able to walk and is improving.

BE SAFE OUT THERE>>> :thumbs:

:seeya:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

next saturday will be my 14th year in a row i have made it for opening day gun deer, and I'm only 26. I can't wait to go up north with my dad and my buddy. We always go to the same place to eat friday night and go through the stuff before opening day. I just can't wait for my tradition with my buddy, we walk in together(my dad behind us a ways) and when we seperate to go to our stands we always shake hands and say good luck and hunt safe....it makes the whole year worth while. So to all the deer hunters, best of luck to you and hunt SAFE!

Brad