Might Get A Duramax

CaliChevyV8

Cali,you wont be sorry you got a dmax,i cant answer your question but you can go to the diesel place.com which i believe is a sister site and very informative but on the down side diesel fuel is getting expensive,last week $3.30,5days later $3.43,3 days later $3.47,good luck on your decision.

How big is your trailer? When I bought my truck, I bought it to tow our camp trailer. Ours weighs 6500 lbs loaded and the V-Max pulls it great, even up steep hills.

I looked at the Duramax trucks, but they were 8,000 more for a comparably equipped truck. I could not justify it.

Besides, they stink, they smoke (when chipped...which you will), and they sound like a garbage truck.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

the duramax is one badaSS truck...there is little to no difference between the 07 to 08 duramax if you get the new body style then there is for sure no difference......you will not be let down, i have an 08 gmc 3500hd that i just traded my 05 2500hd for, i love it and i loved my old one and wanted to keep it to but i had over 100,000miles on it and couldnt afford to get a new one and keep the old one but anyway if you chip them then they are really mean but with 660lb torque from the factory you wont even need to, plus the interior is amazing!!! no problems once so ever, i have already put this baby threw all my torture test that the last one went through and it is just as amazing!!!! it pulls a 12,000 plus pound bob cat (trailer is 2000lb steel trailer, bob cat is just over 8000 and three attachments make up the rest) with no problem!!!! if you are looking to pull a trailer then the duramax with the allision is what you need!!!

Our trailer is a 29 ft weekend warrior. Pretty heavy thing especially when full with the quads, buggy, water and fuel. I don't think I put alot of "work" into my truck, its was more like alot of fun. But it's all stuff I can sell and put back to stock easily. It's still up in the air, I'm just tryin to figure out which way I'm gonna go. I don't think the newer diesels are loud and stinky as the old ones right? I should go test drive one. No more rattles and noises makes it so tempting. I heard the new suspension is a lot smoother ride too!

Our trailer is a 29 ft weekend warrior. Pretty heavy thing especially when full with the quads, buggy, water and fuel. I don't think I put alot of "work" into my truck, its was more like alot of fun. But it's all stuff I can sell and put back to stock easily. It's still up in the air, I'm just tryin to figure out which way I'm gonna go. I don't think the newer diesels are loud and stinky as the old ones right? I should go test drive one. No more rattles and noises makes it so tempting. I heard the new suspension is a lot smoother ride too!

29ft :confused: who let you buy that with a 1500 v-max? or did you already have it? that is well over the recommended gvwr