Finally Got Dyno'd

smkdu

Iam curious,Was the dyno done on a dyno jet? :confused:

All i can say is that a 1/4 mile pass will show your real time.

Or a couple of dyno pulls on my mustang dyno. :D

I don't think Mustang dynos are kind. That's the kind I ran on when I first got my truck. It was a "loaded" dyno, so it was very hard to get up to speed.

It only gave me 289 HP and 320 ft-lb with a tune and K&N drop in. The tune was just installed while it was strapped down, so it didn't have much time to level out before the pulls.

I think the Dyno Jet dynos give higher numbers.

Mike

I don't think Mustang dynos are kind.

I don't know Mike, mine was just run on a Mustang dyno and look at the numbers I got, very very strong. Granted the numbers put down on a Mustang are more "real-world" type, that tells me what kind of an animal i'm driving every day. I guess that not every motor is the same from the factory. :chevy:

Those some good and true numbers on mustang dyno .The dyno jet gives higher number as they are inertia dynos the majority. Mustangs dynos are eddy current.

The important thing is that the customer is happy! :D

Could you get more out of it? YES IS THE ANSWER. :)

I don't know Mike, mine was just run on a Mustang dyno and look at the numbers I got, very very strong. Granted the numbers put down on a Mustang are more "real-world" type, that tells me what kind of an animal i'm driving every day. I guess that not every motor is the same from the factory. :chevy:

Well, your numbers of 314rwhp and 360rwtq are certainly excellent! When I ran 289/320 the truck was pretty new, and that was just a K&N drop in and a mild tune. Also, the run was right after I put in the tuned PCM (I did a before and after), so it did not have sufficient time to level out the fuel trims etc.

Since then I have added all the stuff in my sig and a more aggressive tune. I can feel the difference, but I have not dynoed again since the mods.

Hopefully, I am about where you are at.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

Well, your numbers of 314rwhp and 360rwtq are certainly excellent! When I ran 289/320 the truck was pretty new, and that was just a K&N drop in and a mild tune. Also, the run was right after I put in the tuned PCM (I did a before and after), so it did not have sufficient time to level out the fuel trims etc.

Since then I have added all the stuff in my sig and a more aggressive tune. I can feel the difference, but I have not dynoed again since the mods.

Hopefully, I am about where you are at.

Mike

yeah you'll probably have much better numbers now with more mods and a motor that is fully broken in, keep me posted on the topic.......

I found that 383 Vortec Stroker "kit" or should I say I highjacked the plans for the crate Vortec 383 the Stage II has 380HP and 470ft/lbs I'll have to buy the compents individually but at least now I know that it exist and can make some serious power. The Stage I has 325HP and 400ft/lbs but for the extra couple hundred why not get the Stage II

Edited by smkdu (see edit history)