Finally Got Dyno'd

smkdu

By "these mods" you mean "custom exhaust,78mm TB, CAI, Hypertech programmer, TB spacer, ceramic headers?"

If so, then yes those numbers are more than great. I'd say you have a freakishly powerful truck on your hands.

I'd be happy with those numbers and I have a LQ9 6.0 liter.

Mike

By "these mods" you mean "custom exhaust,78mm TB, CAI, Hypertech programmer, TB spacer, ceramic headers?"

If so, then yes those numbers are more than great. I'd say you have a freakishly powerful truck on your hands.

I'd be happy with those numbers and I have a LQ9 6.0 liter.

Mike

:withstupid: diddn't the 5.7 tbi motors only have 250 crank hp....I know my 91 was rated at 220 hp

Well i finally got my 98 Z71 dyno'd today here are the numbers 307 rwhp and 362 rwtrq are these good for this model with these mods? :cheers:

Those numbers are too good. I'd be very suspicious of how the dyno was setup... The numbers are definitely inflated. With drivetrain losses, you'd have to have gained 100hp to be where you're at... not going to happen.

Those numbers are too good. I'd be very suspicious of how the dyno was setup... The numbers are definitely inflated. With drivetrain losses, you'd have to have gained 100hp to be where you're at... not going to happen.

QUESTIONS:

Do you have a dyno print out?

What type of dyno where those numbers from?

And when was the dyno calibrated the last time?

Edited by c/p (see edit history)

QUESTIONS:

Do you have a dyno print out?

What type of dyno where those numbers from?

And when was the dyno calibrated the last time?

I was told that the motor was replaced in 2003. I wanna say that the replacement motor was the 350HO motor that would explain a lot b/c those came with 290 crank hp 345+ trq thats all I can figure on to be honest with you guys b/c the stock Vortech only make 260hp and 335 trq from factory.

i know you're probably aware, but i'd ditch the hypertech and get a custom tune. those numbers will improve slightly.

I know but I bought the programmer more for the tires then anything b/c I went with 17x8 rims A custom tune is in the future

Edited by smkdu (see edit history)

I found a block number 10066034 on the engine is that the number for the 350HO b/c it doesn't seem to be a factory number in any of my books :nonod:

Iam curious,Was the dyno done on a dyno jet? :confused:

All i can say is that a 1/4 mile pass will show your real time.

Or a couple of dyno pulls on my mustang dyno. :D

Iam curious,Was the dyno done on a dyno jet? :confused:

All i can say is that a 1/4 mile pass will show your real time.

Or a couple of dyno pulls on my mustang dyno. :D

I belive it was but as for the 1/4 mile I live in maine and all the tracks are closed for the season, I have to wait till spring to run it in the 1/4, stupid snow :fume: