2007 V Max Transmision Temps

clozano

dont hold me exactly to this but, should be within one degree of 266 degrees. this is when it goes into overtemp mode, like a limp mode. but from my experience, and i live in 85+ degree weather, it takes about 9k lb trailer, 1k payload, and constant up and down shifting for at least 10 minutes. i have towed a 7500lb trailer with about 900 lbs payload (exluding tonque wieght) going above 80 mph in 3rd gear for 2 hours with a 6.0 and your same tranny (70e) and couldnt get it over 220. so i wouldnt worry to hard about it lol

dont hold me exactly to this but, should be within one degree of 266 degrees. this is when it goes into overtemp mode, like a limp mode. but from my experience, and i live in 85+ degree weather, it takes about 9k lb trailer, 1k payload, and constant up and down shifting for at least 10 minutes. i have towed a 7500lb trailer with about 900 lbs payload (exluding tonque wieght) going above 80 mph in 3rd gear for 2 hours with a 6.0 and your same tranny (70e) and couldnt get it over 220. so i wouldnt worry to hard about it lol

thanks, I tow a toy hualer(est. 8500lb total) from San diego to the desert on I-8. if you guys are not familiar it is mountains all the way. my truck gets up to 225. on the steepest grade, it only stay there for about 5 min. or so, then drops back down below 190. I average about 60 mph @ 2500 rpms, grades about 50-55 at 3500 rpm...... does this sound about right.