Baer Alumisport Rotors

need to know two things:

-baer 14" rotor min thickness

-baer alumisport caliper replacement pads

hey guys, i dont feel like pulling off my wheel and possibly calliper to try and find a min rotor thickness. mine are heavily worn, and i need to know the min rotor thickness before i take my next step. the truck squeeks like you wouldnt believe, hot or cold. theres a heavy edge on the rotors, so i feel as tho they might be shot. if so, i need to get them off and get replacements. if not, ill just get new pads and resurface the rotors.

ya i remember you saying 300C for the pads.... but that car is available with two different brake packages, not including the brembo package... are they the standard pads or performance brake package pads?

does anyone have a rotor not on their truck that they could look at for me?

As far as the pads go for the Alumasport calipers here is the part number from Hawk:

HB509F.678 - HPS Material

I know it's the right part since I have them on my truck now. Best of luck with getting the min. thickness for the rotors.

standard brakes for the 300c ,

i have a rotor that has cracked bu tto find it now would be a big chore. i dont know if the fronts and rear are the same though. a call to baer wouldnt hurt they have pretty good customer service.

baer told me to look on them since they have changed the design lol. thanks for the part number

so we/I can clear this up: pads for a 300 with "HD suspension and perf brake package" are the ones that fit... i am asuming this is the standard for the 300C

As far as the pads go for the Alumasport calipers here is the part number from Hawk:

HB509F.678 - HPS Material

I know it's the right part since I have them on my truck now. Best of luck with getting the min. thickness for the rotors.

so how are the pads? are they extremely loud and annoying like the ones that come on from baer?

so how are the pads? are they extremely loud and annoying like the ones that come on from baer?

Since I've had them on a couple months now they are better. There is still a little squeal at times but nothing compared to the pads the kit came with. Performance wise they aren't quite as good from a high speed stop, but city driving and such is about the same.

awesome! can you check any of the rotors for the minimum rotor thickness?? it should be etched into either the front or rear of the hat of the rotor (by where it slips over the studs).

The only number I could find on either the front or rear rotors was 6140005 that was hand engraved on the two piece front rotors :confused: I looked pretty good too.....I could mic them tommorrow at the lowest point on the slot,and then on the face of the rotor.... :chevy:

-Brian

really? thats odd.... baer told me to look on my rotors, but i guess i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt even on there lol. thanks alot for looking for me tho! :cheers:

when i say minimum rotor thickness, i mean the ammount of material left on the rotor after wear/resurfacing to be considered safe. my rotors are heavily worn, and i havent even resurfaced one yet and only about 12k miles on them. off topic, but to be totally honest- i have not been satisfied with my brakes since the first day i bought them and they didnt fit like claimed, and how unbalanced the truck brakes due to the equal sized brakes on all four corners. also, the squeeking no matter what procedure.... just makes me wish i spend the extra 2k on brembos or wilwoods. :fume:

really? thats odd.... baer told me to look on my rotors, but i guess i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt even on there lol. thanks alot for looking for me tho! :cheers:

when i say minimum rotor thickness, i mean the ammount of material left on the rotor after wear/resurfacing to be considered safe. my rotors are heavily worn, and i havent even resurfaced one yet and only about 12k miles on them. off topic, but to be totally honest- i have not been satisfied with my brakes since the first day i bought them and they didnt fit like claimed, and how unbalanced the truck brakes due to the equal sized brakes on all four corners. also, the squeeking no matter what procedure.... just makes me wish i spend the extra 2k on brembos or wilwoods. :fume:

Yeah I found the same problem with alumasports at all 4 corners; going to 15" brakes (Baer 6S) on the front restores the balance.

Mr. P. :)