I Fell Bad...

Badkarma

you think you feel bad.. someone backed into my truck a little over a month ago and i still haven't gotten it fixed.

makes me feel like shit every time i look at it.

I know how you feel man. A couple years ago I had just spent 5 hours waxing and detailing my 72 camaro. Then, right after I went inside, my mother in law backed into it trying to queez out of the driveway. That car is our life! * my wife and i*

to say i was pissed was an understatement. She just banged a corner but christ! learn how to drive!

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wash mine weekly, at least.... sometimes more. it takes a good 4-6 hours for the detail, but it will stay clean all week no problem. i only do the full detail once or twice a month, and its always generally clean. people are suspicious that i hire someone to wash it daily because they have never seen me with a dirty truck lol. it just takes a good wax job :D

I get that same thing. " man, did you wash your truck again today?" or " do you have someone wash it for you all the time?"

i always just tell them that you can always judge a person by how they maintain there ride. needless to say most of them have rushbuckets

I know how you feel man. A couple years ago I had just spent 5 hours waxing and detailing my 72 camaro. Then, right after I went inside, my mother in law backed into it trying to queez out of the driveway. That car is our life! * my wife and i*

to say i was pissed was an understatement. She just banged a corner but christ! learn how to drive!

yeah, that's what happened here. my step father was backing out of my driveway and nicked a corner.. didn't dent the body at all, but the cladding on his jeep burnt through the clear coat in two streaks down the driver rear bed side. :fume:

I think most of us here have high standards when it comes to our trucks,myself i detailed my d-max about 2 months ago trying to get a jump on old man winter with the intension of doing the ss the following weekend...i still havent done the ss and its getting cold on the weekends now.

People always tell me how clean both the truck and the Monte SS are and ask me how I do it and if I wash them both every day. The wife swears I'm anal and go over board but hey, they both look good and she dont complain a bit about driving a clean shiney ride.

I wash them both at least once a week, with a bucket, sponge, etc and dry them with the absorber, about 1-2 hours each. Then once every few months I go all out and detail the crap out of them, 3-4 hours each. During the week I use the california Duster on them to keep them looking good.

During the week if they get dirty and its not just dust I run them through the touchless car wash to get them temporarly clean until the weekend.

Bottom line, your not alone buddy, I have issue's as well.