Track Wheels?

SS Steamroller

Not relly sure where to post this but, I was looking to see what people use at the track for rims and tires if anyone is running slicks what combinations of rims and tires are you guys using.

Thanks for the help

And if you have any pics that would be cool too,

Rob

Edited by SS Steamroller (see edit history)

is everyone running stock wheels and going that fast?? I see guys on here going 12's and 11's, are you all running street tires?

as of now i'm running stock 20" rims and tires running mid 12's, but i'm beginning to have major traction issues out of the hole. i'm actually looking into wheels and tires myself for the track, but not sure what i'm going to get yet

I run 28" M&H drag radials mounted on 99-02 Silverado 16" Mag AL wheels. The combo weighs 64lbs. I do see an improvement with these tires out of the hole however once the pig starts rolling past the 1/8 mile, the short tires hurt my top end IMO. I feel a 30" drag radial would be ideal (with 4.10 gears and the 65E) however finding a DR in a 16" wheel and 30" overall is next to impossible. The 18" size has more selection and the 15" selection is unreal :crazy: .

Really, I do not get that much from the shorter tires even though most will say it helps a ton. I still feel that I can crack into the 11's with a set of the stock 20's. I really can't heat up the DR's correctly being AWD. Sure I can spin them in the box however not all 4 tires will heat evenly. I still spin out of the hole with the DR's.

I took the truck in FULL street trim and cut a 12.2 @ 109. This was with the heavy Konigs and BFG rubber. My current "show" wheel package is a stout 90+ lbs and 32" overall height. With the stock tires and 20's (78#s) and my drag flash, I am sure I can crack into the 11's.

I used to run just some 29.1" Dunlop mud and snow tires for the strip and did very well with them. For comparison sake, my MPH was better with the dunlop all terrains vs the M&H drag radials. :wtf: I really believe this is due to the shorter M&H's hence why I say a 30" tire is ideal. :cheers:

ya im alittle curious to see what everyone is doin for the awd trucks..mine when 12.300..at 111mph.. with a 1.7 60 on some 16inch black steels wheels and bs tires..so im alittle curious what my next step should be also for wheels and tires.... but i see what your sayin about not being able to warm them up..i was wondering about that..hmm