Track Wheels?

SS Steamroller

Krambo,

I'm having a hard time finding a tall 18" drag tire. Can you tell me where to find them?

Stewart

same here, i cant find an 18 dr taller than 28 ,

The Nitto 555R Drag Radial in 305/45/18 is just under 29" tall which is the tallest you are going to get without going to a different wheel size from what I see. With big rotors that isn't an option in most cases :nonod:

depending on your gearing dont buy taller than a 28 inch tire. my 4.56's necessitate a taller slick but if youve got 3.73's or 4.10's go with a 28 inch or shorter tire.

Really, that is a blanket statement that may not apply. There are several other variables to consider when looking to buy a drag tire to optimize your ET / MPH. Transmission gearing, shift points, converter lock up points, power curve, tire footprint, tire weight... to name a few. IMHO, 28 - 30 is ideal for a SSS / 65E / 4.10 gears / ~6000rpm shift points. Easily debated though, that is the beauty of the forums,...read, learn and make choices based on your own edification. :cheers:

very true krambo. i was referring to a basically stock truck like mine. i cant dead hook with 29.5 drag radials but thats due to my gearing. shorter tire if you can hook will put you at a better trap speed crossing the line.

many variables to think about i agree.

This may be a stuped question, but I assume with awd, you need to change all 4, i.e. I can't go with 18's in the back and 22's in the front even if tire height is similar?

unless your putting over 500awhp to the ground there isnt a need

does anyone know if they make 18" ss wheels?

no .