TUNED

Alright, Allen (farmtruc), Nelson Performance tuned my SS on Thursday. Joe at Jag Performance did my Trans work as well. Good job guys thanks!!!!!! :thumbs:

Now everyone has read posts about custom tunes. Here is the lowdown: Before; turning going to full throttle, NO wiggles just moving forward. Saturday Night; dry payment left turn 80% throttle, back wheels spin, front wheels turn over, grab and go. It actually felt like the rear wheels spun good, and the front just turned over maybe once.......that's the problem with limited slip!!!!

Anyway, It was worth the drive...(16 hours one way) :sigh: The only down side was it rained all day, so when we were street testing, in rush hour traffic it was raining. The tune is right on, and with the trans work.....wow.

The real acclaim: my wife noticed, during regular driving conditions, that it felt stronger! :cheers:

Alright, Allen (farmtruc), Nelson Performance tuned my SS on Thursday. Joe at Jag Performance did my Trans work as well. Good job guys thanks!!!!!! :thumbs:

Now everyone has read posts about custom tunes. Here is the lowdown: Before; turning going to full throttle, NO wiggles just moving forward. Saturday Night; dry payment left turn 80% throttle, back wheels spin, front wheels turn over, grab and go. It actually felt like the rear wheels spun good, and the front just turned over maybe once.......that's the problem with limited slip!!!!

Anyway, It was worth the drive...(16 hours one way) :sigh: The only down side was it rained all day, so when we were street testing, in rush hour traffic it was raining. The tune is right on, and with the trans work.....wow.

The real acclaim: my wife noticed, during regular driving conditions, that it felt stronger! :cheers:

Sounds sweet, where did you drive from?

I would think that you can break those tires loose now at will. Glad to hear the tune hooked it up.

Joe - glad to see you on here. Thanks for the "hand-written" instructions for my shift kit a couple of months back. They helped a lot.

I’m getting anxious just thinking about having Nelson do the SC, trans and tune! If I can just get away from here for four or five days that would be sweet… Until then I will just wait and enjoy reading your success stories. :thumbs:

Plwtwo

This is real good new for me. As you know I have the same setup. I will be going down from Memphis on the 28th, and get the Trans mods and a tune form Allen. Thanks for the report and hope to meet you sometime.

CD

I would think that you can break those tires loose now at will. Glad to hear the tune hooked it up.

Joe - glad to see you on here. Thanks for the "hand-written" instructions for my shift kit a couple of months back. They helped a lot.

Glad to hear it worked out, I'll be in Dallas with Allen this weekend and looking forward to meeting all of you. Are you going to be there?

I would think that you can break those tires loose now at will.  Glad to hear the tune hooked it up.

Joe - glad to see you on here.  Thanks for the "hand-written" instructions for my shift kit a couple of months back.  They helped a lot.

Glad to hear it worked out, I'll be in Dallas with Allen this weekend and looking forward to meeting all of you. Are you going to be there?

Dallas would be quite the trek for me. I'm in Pensacola, FL. If I were within 200 miles, you couldn't stop me. Sounds like fun.

You're on Joe...... :cheers:

Joe @ Jag Perf., for those who are wondering, is a Transmission guru. He really knows his stuff, glad my other trans guy couldn't do it.....and he'll explain and answer any questions. I even got to watch, for a fee of course....LOL! :lol: I've talked to five Trans shops around Atlanta and none of them really acted like they wanted or could do it. Joe actually helped me, by talking me into a different 1-2 servo, (I had already bought a billet one) that would be better for the street.

I still need some more mods, which I'm working on. But it was cool to finally get the beast to break loose. Now I want more!!!! Next goal is straight spin. then sustained spinning.....One goal at a time, I'm going to try and get my headers on this weekend, that should help.

Cadowns (Chuck) Our KenneBell program really wasn't that bad, afterall, but it was tapped out. The biggest improvements were enrichment, now I can do more mods, and the shift tuning. Now it down shifts when you are cruising and get on it where before it wouldn't. Overall, it just seems smoother and stronger.....

:thumbs: Oh by-the-way, the fuel injectors we have are 42lb's. Sorry it took so long!

Hey Plwtwo, it was great hanging out and meeting you.

Your truck looks awesome with the drop kit and I'm sure your brake upgrade is going to be awesome.

Let us know how the exhaust and brakes work out.

If you need anything don't hesitate to call.

thanks,

allen

Nice to see you finally woke up today Allen......

For those wondering what the KenneBell Charger that Cadowns and I have look like:

502332_5.jpg

Mine does have a different elbow and intake!

Archived