Next Step

keebler85

I have intake, exhaust, and now a custom tune. I am thinking of a Zippy shift kit. How much are they and how hard are they to install. I want to know if i could handle it like in a weekend thanks

I have not installed a shift kit before, but from what I understand the Transgo/Zippy instructions are very detailed. Anyone with basic mechanical knowledge can install one I believe.

Try messaging Zippy on here and ask him. He is a good guy and will tell you whats up, he also has a website:

http://zippyperformance.com.futuresite.register.com/

Good luck! You could also do a search in the transmission/drive line section of the site to see what other members say about their installs.

Teddy

then I would

1. take it to some one, a shop who does perf stuff. or

2. get a friend who has experience to help.

this is not like an air intake, if you dont get it right then your truck is stuck.

So when I did mine I said better safe than sorry and had someone do it who knew how.

you have a 4L65e.

if you get the kit from zippy, when you call he will get you the right kit.

he needs to know how hard do you want the shift to feel and the uses of the truck.

I might goto PT.net and look for a trans shop in your area or a few guys to help. You will just get more hits over there and most of them have our same trans.

IMO I would throw a conveter in while you are getting your trans stuff done...and dont forget a tune to make it all work together.

well i rarely use my truck for anything other than driving to college...i sometimes tow a fishing boat but thats about it...my goals are just to slowly build my truck and the shift kit is the next step and i need to know which one to buy...maybe a TC too...what is the point of a TC? i thought the shift kit was all i needed....thanks

• 1 month later...