Towing A V-nose With My Vmax? :d

AndromedaSS

Yeah yeah... so we have our toy hauler which is amazing but the gas mileage is terrible.. (because its flat front.. blah) the truck has no problem towing it, but the wind resistance is what kills it..

anyway.. before we go out and buy a v-nose trailer now.. to hold like 3 bikes plus the fold up chairs, tool box, leathers, other gear, etc.. (for times when we dont take the toy hauler..) I figured Id ask about gas mileage when pulling a v-nose..... obviously theyre more aerodynamic with the v-nose.. but what are we looking at here??

Thanks all! :)

i have a 7x14' v trailer that i towed with my SS from NY to CA loaded with my personal junk when i moved back to CA. weight was about 5000 lbs. i averaged about 10-11 mpg @ 55-60 mph. i also have a 33' travel trailed with a dry weight of 6800 lbs. when i moved it to where i am now i got 8-9 mpg with it.

if i remember from your other thread your dry weight was about the same, maybe a little more. toy haulers are big over grown boxes, and after all the crap people put in them for a weekend outing, there grossly over weight. i know a lot of people here who have them and there putting " 10 lb into a 5 lb container " every time they go out... :D you may want to get a smaller toy hauler or step up to a 2500 to Carry the weight..

good luck

:seeya:

the v-nose isnt going to make much of a difference, my box trailer I got 10mpg's towing and my buddies V-nose was about 11mpgs but that was more flat ground than when I pulled my box across country. The V-nose just look nicer in my opinion. The only other thing I can think of is get a v-nose and also make sure the trailer isnt the high top one that stands 8ft up or so, try to get a lower profile one.