Hp Tuner

lilmarv1117

What is the difference between the two tuners standard and professional??? any preferences for one or other??

All the differences are listed here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2924 most opt for the Pro version for the standalone datalogging capabilities & the ability to log a wideband right into our software which makes tuning much easier when matted with our custom histograms.

• 2 weeks later...

OK...First off, I am an idiot when it comes to tuning software, so be patient with my questions. I've been bouncing back and forth between buying EFI Live and HPTuners, and I think I've finally decided on HPTuners.

If I understand correctly, I need to get the pro version if I want to log data from a PLX SM-AFR wide band controller. Right?

Does HPTuners have the ability to reset the "oil life remaining" value to anything I choose?

Does anyone have suggestions about where to purchase HPTuners at a discount? Everyplace I have found it has the same (retail) price.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

OK...First off, I am an idiot when it comes to tuning software, so be patient with my questions. I've been bouncing back and forth between buying EFI Live and HPTuners, and I think I've finally decided on HPTuners.

If I understand correctly, I need to get the pro version if I want to log data from a PLX SM-AFR wide band controller. Right?

Does HPTuners have the ability to reset the "oil life remaining" value to anything I choose?

Does anyone have suggestions about where to purchase HPTuners at a discount? Everyplace I have found it has the same (retail) price.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

As far as everything I've researched, with the pro you can log with or without a wide band. Also, with pro you can integrate the WB into your software. I believe you can add up to 4 external 5V accessories.

Its not the only way but it is definitely the easiest way.

No but thats not to say we couldn't add it, to this point I don't recall anyone requesting it to be honest.

We have several resellers and you can also purchase through us directly.

-Bill

Its not the only way but it is definitely the easiest way.

No but thats not to say we couldn't add it, to this point I don't recall anyone requesting it to be honest.

We have several resellers and you can also purchase through us directly.

-Bill

Thanks Bill. Once I actually have HPTuners Pro, I won't need the oil life feature. I have Allen Nelson do the tuning for my truck, and every time he sends me a new PCM, my oil life is messed up again. A few times I could not remember what is was on my old PCM and had to guess, then try to estimate when it would actually be due according to the new PCM. A PITA.

I am going to order HPTuners Pro in the next few days from Allen. He can then e-mail me the tunes and I can make logs on the local dyno and e-mail him those. And...my oil life monitor won't get messed up anymore.

I already bought the PLX wideband and controller. I am excited about getting a real customized tune adjusted to my specific truck. :)

Thanks again for your help.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)