4-wheelers

CenWaSS

Looking at getting a new 4-wheeler this next spring. I will most likely get a 450 and am leaning towards the Suzuki or Kawasaki 450. I am also considering the Yamaha and possibly the Honda. I will mostly ride in the dunes and mainly concerned with power (want lots of it) and comfort. Help me decide, which quad would you buy and why? How about the best 450 dirt bike?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been riding and racing quads since I was 4 and Im a diehard Yamaha fan. But if i was to chose a new 450 it would have to be the Kawi hands down. If you want something good for the dunes it hard to beat a 2-stoke in my opinion.

Ive been riding and racing quads since I was 4 and Im a diehard Yamaha fan. But if i was to chose a new 450 it would have to be the Kawi hands down. If you want something good for the dunes it hard to beat a 2-stoke in my opinion.

Ya my last bike was a Banshee, hard to beat in the dunes for sure. Everyone around my area swears by these new 4-strokes, we'll see...

but if your going for dunes, banshee hands down

Listen to him. His name isn't Fox Forma for no reason. You can't touch a 'shee in the dunes. Plus if you want to get wild, theres always the strokers and turbo Banshee setups for sand drags. I love my Banshee, just wish I had some sand nearby. And theres nothing in this world that sounds like them :driving:

A buddy of mine rides a 450r and another rides a Raptor 600, and another a Raptor 700. I let all three of them ride my 'shee last time we were out. All I have on it as far as go fast goodies are FMF SST's, K&N, properly jetted, and 2 teeth down in the front. Sure I lost a little top speed, but it hits pretty damn hard. The three of them came back wide eyed with dropped jaws, since none of them have ever ridden a 2stroke other then 125's/250's. I took it for a spin down my road to make sure it was running right after installing the pipes (very small rural road) and was amazed. Got to the end and went to turn around, turn the bars and crack the throttle a little and it lit up the tires like I was on ice.

Boo to these enviro bastards, they're pretty much the reason Yamaha canceled production. :tear:

my friends got a 450R with a stage 2 hotcam thats pretty wicked

Honda 450R is pretty sick. My buddy has one and he has done some work to it. Its sick!!

450 in the yamaha isn't bad either. I heard there pretty fast to.

Edited by zac2005ss (see edit history)

I am a drag racer, but I would say that the Suzuki or Kawi 450's are the nicest out there. I am a Honda guy, but not really impressed with their 450 model. I say build an R for a dune bike! I built this one from the ground up!

Picture of my 380R Drag Bike:

R9.jpg

R3.jpg

r1.jpg

the zuki 450 I think is the top 450 out there but if your going for dunes, banshee hands down. about $500 and you can be pushing in the 70hp range on a stock stroke bike.

The dealer around my area claims the YZF450's are just as fast as a Banshee with pipes. Im like WTF? I dont think sooo! My buddies who ride dirt bikes say their new 450's easily out perform their old 250's. Anyway Im leaning towards the Kawi, although today I seen a new 07 Zook for $6400. I havent tried dealing yet but the new 08' Kawi is listed at $7399.