Obx Lt Headers

silverado777

Sorry to burst your bubble Mr. P. The OBX are also made from 304 Stainless Steel. Its on their website. There is no arguement for the justification of the extra money for the dynatechs pure and simple. They will not rot.

http://www.obxracingsports.com/categories....ust+Performance

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to burst your bubble Mr. P. The OBX are also made from 304 Stainless Steel. Its on their website. There is no arguement for the justification of the extra money for the dynatechs pure and simple. They will not rot.

http://www.obxracingsports.com/categories....ust+Performance

Thanks for the correction - I believed they were made of chinese mild steel; my mistake.

i also checked them with a magnet to see if they are 300 series stainless and they are. I thought ok maybe 420 or something like that but they are a 300 series...not magnetic

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Hey, Arizona Speed and Marine are also an alternative! :P But I did notice that I have different, longer plug wires... At least I think I do... and now that I take a closer look, it looks like one or two are kind of too close...

P1010008-3.jpg

Edited by Erwin8r (see edit history)

If you get what you pay for, why dont you take a higher interest rate on your mortgage? Because a 30yr fixed is a 30yr fixed and you might as well save some money.

Try that with an attorney? See how it turns out...you'll want to spend the extra money. OBX is the old Dynatech design anyway.

Attorney is a different ball game. One attorney is not the same as another one. They each have their own talents, knowledge, skills, etc. A 30yr mortgage at 6% or 6.5% is still a 30yr mortgage. The obx and dynatechs are still the same design, power, performance, materials, etc. So why pay more?

Correct me if I am wrong but the NEW dynatech are a different design then the OBX. Old style dynatech is exactly the same as OBX.

That being said you pay a much higher premium to not have a bend.

Attorney is a different ball game. One attorney is not the same as another one. They each have their own talents, knowledge, skills, etc. A 30yr mortgage at 6% or 6.5% is still a 30yr mortgage. The obx and dynatechs are still the same design, power, performance, materials, etc. So why pay more?

Ok, answer honestly...If money were no object, which would you buy...OBX or the Dyna's? I personally felt better knowing I got a quality product, not saying the OBX's arent...just for my peice of mind. I paid just under $1300 for my LT's, didn't bother me finacially but to me was worth every penny :cheers:

Ok, answer honestly...If money were no object, which would you buy...OBX or the Dyna's? I personally felt better knowing I got a quality product, not saying the OBX's arent...just for my peice of mind. I paid just under $1300 for my LT's, didn't bother me finacially but to me was worth every penny :cheers:

Thats why I just ordered a set of Dynatech headers/cats this week. I was between the OBX/Dynatech, but I am not going to put anything of inferior quality on my truck and the money was not an issue in this instance.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

well...its your money to do with it what you want to...its too bad you feel that by spending 3 times as much, you're getting something so much better. Perception is reality no matter what the facts show. You can get LT's and a cam for what the dynatechs are.

Its been a grea debate none the less..but no one who has chosen dynatechs over the obx has yet to give on reason why the obx are inferior other than because they cost less. Same material, similar design, same power gains, 1/3 price...hmm...nothing yet justifies $800 to me yet..

Humans are funny!

Watch Tommy Boy and remember you can put a piece of crap in a box with a guarantee and make people feel warm and fuzzy, but its still a piece of crap.

Thats why I just ordered a set of Dynatech headers/cats this week. I was between the OBX/Dynatech, but I am not going to put anything of inferior quality on my truck and the money was not an issue in this instance.

Nice choice...you will be a happy camper.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...