Sssshhhhhh Here He Comes!

Hrtbeat1

Good lookin hot rod there. Gots a question for you though, those splash guards fit the truck good? And, any idea on the company who makes them?

I was told by my local GM dealership, that there is no splash guards that will fit my year of the SS ('04), and got the same answer from the local custom shop. If you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM with any info, I would appreachiate it.

Welcome! Dig the color, I am going to put the VaraRam on my truck too. ( Ive got about 15,000 into mods and still am running a stock airbox,LOL)

BTW, that bug deflecor looks like it will obstruct your VaraRam? Maybe not?

Welcome! ~Dan

Good lookin hot rod there. Gots a question for you though, those splash guards fit the truck good? And, any idea on the company who makes them?

I was told by my local GM dealership, that there is no splash guards that will fit my year of the SS ('04), and got the same answer from the local custom shop. If you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM with any info, I would appreachiate it.

I have Husky splash guards on mine, they look great......you may have to redrill some holes in the splash guards to mount them, but they are well worth the money because the truck stays cleaner longer......Husky part # 56251 available from stylintrucks.com. I used the 2 body cladding screws behind each wheel and not the ones provided, didnt want to drill holes in my truck. Make sure you are on level ground when installing them, I used a torpedo level to help me out. Here is what mine look like.........

DSCN0561.JPG

DSCN0567.JPG

DSCN0568.JPG

**Please excuse the rotors, these pics were taken a year ago before my Power Slot upgrade. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Jeeez guys I didn't even realize that the truck didn't come with those splash guards. I couldn't tell ya who made them they were on the truck when I bought it. They fit pretty well, like I said I didn't know they weren't stock.

I don't think the bug guard will interfere with the Vararam, its screwed into the underside of the hood ... right along the lip.

One thing ya'll didn't catch is the double sided tape along the drivers door. The previous owner had those aero vents, but they were removed when I bought it. Still need to take some mineral spirits to those and get the residue off.

Thanks for the comments, my buddy says I'm pretty lucky ... a good truck is hard to find, and he's impressed with this one. He said he was thinking about getting a blue one (he's from KY but I don't hold that against him LOL) when they first came out.

:flag:

Jeeez guys I didn't even realize that the truck didn't come with those splash guards. I couldn't tell ya who made them they were on the truck when I bought it. They fit pretty well, like I said I didn't know they weren't stock.

I don't think the bug guard will interfere with the Vararam, its screwed into the underside of the hood ... right along the lip.

One thing ya'll didn't catch is the double sided tape along the drivers door. The previous owner had those aero vents, but they were removed when I bought it. Still need to take some mineral spirits to those and get the residue off.

Thanks for the comments, my buddy says I'm pretty lucky ... a good truck is hard to find, and he's impressed with this one. He said he was thinking about getting a blue one (he's from KY but I don't hold that against him LOL) when they first came out.

well those are up by the window and not really noticable unless you really look in the pic

I checked on those splash guards. They are made by "Powerflow" ... Model 5 ... they fit pretty good ... but not the way I would have mounted them, now that I see them. I got some pics, but need better ones.

Edited by Hrtbeat1 (see edit history)