Full Energy Suspension Poly Kit

fast4popper

As the title says. I have the kit sitting in my garage awaiting the spring. I also have Belltech drop spindles to put on. so I ask this, is there a noticable difference with these bushings?

I figured i am this far in, might as well do it.

Also doing new upper and lower ball joints as well as tie-rod ends. AND while they are all off, i am powdercoating the control arms and the spindles. (when do the mods end?)

figured i'd ask to see what you'll think

Did you order just the sway bar bushings and end links, or the entire body bushing set as well?? :confused:

i already have the end links and sway bar bushings installed. the new kit i ordered is the upper and lower control arm bushing set. i did notice a difference on the end links and the sway bar bushings when i installed them. just wondering if i will see a difference on the kit i just bought.?

Thanks for the question

I hope the bushings are greasable, otherwise be prepared to grease them every six months or live with the squeeks. I hate poly bushings because of this reason.

The sway bar bushings are greasable. (End link bushings are not, in case that wasn't obvious.)

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

The sway bar bushings are greasable. (End link bushings are not, in case that wasn't obvious.)

yeah i have heard they will squeek. small price to pay if they prove beneficial. also we are looking at a way to make the control arm bushings greasable. thread in a zerk with a small hole to rout grease into the joint? just a thought...

so is there a noticable performance difference?

ive seen one installed, drove the truck. i didnt personally install it, but i didnt notice a big difference in handling. it slightly decreased body roll at high speeds, which is worth it i guess. but it did squeek, and engery suspension grease was used all over the end links and bushings originally.

my SSS actually squeeks, thought it was the end link bushings..... turned out it was the belltech leaf springs, the clamps that hold the three springs together is coming off, causing them to all shift under movement. i just hope they dont completely come off.....anyone else had this happen?

• 3 weeks later...
As the title says. I have the kit sitting in my garage awaiting the spring. I also have Belltech drop spindles to put on. so I ask this, is there a noticable difference with these bushings?

I figured i am this far in, might as well do it.

Also doing new upper and lower ball joints as well as tie-rod ends. AND while they are all off, i am powdercoating the control arms and the spindles. (when do the mods end?)

figured i'd ask to see what you'll think

What's the part # for the kit you got? I've been trying to figure out if i need 3.3186 (c1500 stuff) or 3.3190 (k1500). The k1500 kit has the correct sway bar bushings (32 mm or 1.25"), but I dont know which control arm bushings I need. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I did urethane bushings on my 86 Corvette. I was scared the car was going to ride bad. It was totally opposite. That car rode like a Caddy after that project. I'm going to be installing urethane into the 77 Corvette in the next couple of weeks. I can't speak for the SSS but I call it a major improvement in the Corvettes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no updates yet. actually the project seems to be getting bigger. got belltech leaf packs, belltech keys..... i have a vacation coming up that i have to burn so i have a week off mid feb. it will be done then. i will post pics when done.

ive seen one installed, drove the truck. i didnt personally install it, but i didnt notice a big difference in handling. it slightly decreased body roll at high speeds, which is worth it i guess. but it did squeek, and engery suspension grease was used all over the end links and bushings originally.

my SSS actually squeeks, thought it was the end link bushings..... turned out it was the belltech leaf springs, the clamps that hold the three springs together is coming off, causing them to all shift under movement. i just hope they dont completely come off.....anyone else had this happen?

my rear driver side leafpack was squeaking for a while. dealer told me it was the parking brake cable rubbing but i somewhat doubted it. anyways since then havent had any issues there.