My Turbo Build

Quik

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres first fire up. truck is pig rich so time to star tuning.

i had 2 fuel leaks and my coil pak harness's for the 2 step were backwards besides that no major issues. just have to go over my injector circuit

th_boosted48.jpg

well i found out the map i bought was wrong one. guy on ebay sold me a 1 bar. so a buddy came thru with one from a TTA.

so i was out driving just getting feel for turck it really needs tuned. its freaking loud!!!!!!! almost louder then my 408 loud. the turbo whistle is loud to point i cant hear my radio really. BOV can hear some but all you hear is turbo and exhaust.

i hit 10psi by accident in 2nd gear at 50% throttle, didnt realize it. i looked over and was like opps time to shift.

do you have any pics of how you merged the exhaust at the turbo side with the driversside exhaust? I have heard there is a flange that is T-4 with a provision for the crossover??

I was hoping the turbo would quiet things down a bit...wrong :)

do you have any pics of how you merged the exhaust at the turbo side with the driversside exhaust? I have heard there is a flange that is T-4 with a provision for the crossover??

I was hoping the turbo would quiet things down a bit...wrong :)

i used a Kbracing Log, it has a 2.5 Vclamp on the bottom and the T4 flange up front. is that what you mean?

latest update......... i been tracing some bugs as of lately. one is a hard start. i tracked that down to the injectors bleeding down. this is after i had installed a checkvalve and tightned all hose clamps in the tank. ive also had my map scaling wrong. i had this corrected with some help from HPtuners forums. next issue was my scanner wasnt reading right and i was actually afraid to get into any throttle cause i didnt want to hurt this motor. ive gotten so much attention from the detail of engine bay. even one person said magizine worhty. now not sure but it was nice hearing that. now i need to get my meth working and i should be set. tomorro truck is going in for inspection then ill be able to legally drive the truck. today i installed my new axle perches and angled the rear at -3*. along with installing new perches and reangling the rear. i also installed these charging posts. for now they are in the fiberglass rollpan but over winter ill have them hidden behind the plate once i get a steel roll pan.

0916082021.jpg

these were installed cause its a pain to jump or charge this truck. the engine bay has to much paint/powdercoat on things and this is easier this way.... i guess im on hte border of race truck/street truck

heres the carnage....... :(

brokerear001.jpg

brokerear002.jpg

brokerear003.jpg

brokerear005.jpg

brokerear004.jpg

it broke hte welds on the perches. it snapped the U joint straps. we think it bent the shock. if you look you can see a huge dent in the gas tank shield

this truck has no issue spooling the turbo. its the point that it over spools. my wastegat is set to 15.2 psi and i seen 19psi just off vaccum on hte wastegate. that was at 7666 rpms, 125% duty cycle on motron 60s. 12* timing i guess you can say im making some power

some think i seen 19psi cause of my exhaust and just how fast this combo works. im overspooling it to the point the wastegate cant keep up