My Turbo Build

Quik

Looks sick! damn... kick ass build, im sure it will post some great numbers in a RCSB...

:thumbs:

thanks man. not bad for a DIY setup... as for times anything in 11s is my goal. once i get a good baseline of ET then ill turn up the boost and see how far a 4.8 with a 88mm can go....if things go well in next few days my 408 should be rebuilt in near future

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on second though. . .your motors really ugly and clashes left and right!!!! :puke::puke:

:jester: just kidding bro! its turning out really nice keep up the good work and keep posting teaser pics :cheers:

on second though. . .your motors really ugly and clashes left and right!!!! :puke::puke:

:jester: just kidding bro! its turning out really nice keep up the good work and keep posting teaser pics :cheers:

to bad cant see the blue block. all that work and the block is hidden. ohwell... also not to many wires... nice clean apperance. might figure out where to mount the 2 step tomorrow and then hook up the meth kit. probably get truck up in air tomorrow and install clutch and scattersheild

to bad cant see the blue block. all that work and the block is hidden. ohwell... also not to many wires... nice clean apperance. might figure out where to mount the 2 step tomorrow and then hook up the meth kit. probably get truck up in air tomorrow and install clutch and scattersheild
haha george you think that thing has enough power to need a scattershield??hahaha

haha george you think that thing has enough power to need a scattershield??hahaha

yupp if all things work out well. i dont see why it shouldnt be strongest 4.8 around

update: truck was dropped off at fab shop today for following work to be done

4" downpipe and 4" exhaust out the side. [no muffler]

2.5" wastegate exhaust out the side with 4" tip

.....these two will resemble dual 4" exhaust out the side of truck...also both exhaust will be 304 stainless

upper and lower radiator hoses made from stainless [has to be done since position of cold pipes]

reangle pinion to -3* along with long bars made up and C notched/box in frame

• 3 weeks later...

:update:

as for today 5-23 my truck is now on hold. i not sure when it will get finished. Im pulling it out of the shop its currently at. Reasons to not be said. In the past I have always been pleased with the work and price but economy changes..

so truck will come back home and go back in garage unfinished. the Trans Am will stay in the salvage yard for now till i can make room for it and after the silverado is finished.

I have always done my own work. I have done just about everything on the truck myself with no help from outside sources. Everything I have learned I learned cause i want it one way and cant justify or soemtiems cant afford to pay someone. This is now going to be another notch to my belt. Im going to save for a period of time and take the hit of purchasing a good quailty Tig welder along with the other fab tools ill need to finishe the work on the truck. A tig, chop, saw and mig will always come in handy for years to come. im only going on 29 and i catch on to things fast. I learned to tig decent in 3 days. im sure little more practice and ill be Money lol. I have no bad blood with any shop. just i rather do it myself. the time it takes me is the time it takes me.

sorry for the long rant post but im just ticked off to all means at the moment for many reasons not only the truck situation

Sorry to here your not going to finish your truck sooner. But its a good deal to get your own welding stuff. I like miller welders that just me. Tig welding is not hard. The Navy trains people to weld aircraft parts in 4 metal groups in 8 weeks and it will pass inspection.

• 3 months later...

well its been some time. i bought a project camaro and been playing with that. now i finally got bit by the bug again to work on truck. ive done some clean up work here and there but past few days ive been running my fuel system. here are the pics

downsized_0825081750.jpg

0825081931.jpg

0825081930.jpg

0825081929b.jpg

0825081929a.jpg

0825081929.jpg

twin 340s using -6 into a Y block then feeding with -8. return is -6

i plan to order the tubing for exhaust tonight so it might be up and running real soon....Memphis??????????? just maybe

damn i was wondering wat happened to u and this thread, glad to see u stop neglecting ur truck, cant wait when ur finished with it.

-Rob

ya i quit with truck for a few months. i was pissed off with whole situation. then i got tired of ppl constantly talking about my truck. not to mention i was working long hours and when i did have time i played with the camaro. now camaro is where i want it for now. time to play with truck and get that horse moving. i cant have two dead dogs in the garage for winter. i need one mobile and truck is closest. so its possible thsi weekend it might fire.

Well today i redid my 3" pipe. along with doing that i mocked up my 4" IC to Tb tubing. hopefully tomorrow i can get them fully welded and possibly to the powdercoater within the next few days

1206072022.jpg

1206072021b.jpg

1206072021a.jpg

1206072021.jpg

1206072018a.jpg

1206072018.jpg

1206072017.jpg

1206072057a.jpg

1206072057.jpg

1206072047.jpg

So where did you relocate the pcm. I was tring to run my pipe there also but the pcm is in the way.