112,122 Or A D1 Procharger On A 408?

Holty, I have a 112 now but I've been told it's too small for a 408 so this is what I'm thinking the 122 would give alot of torque right but won't the 408 produce good torque by itself and shouldn't I be able to run more boost with the D1? What do you think?

There is a guy on here that has a 408 with a radix, cant remember if its the 112 or 122. He shreads transmissions with it because of the low end torque. A 112 can go on a 408, but you will run maybe 4-5psi and be spinning it with a 2.8" pulley...its just not efficient. A 122 is capable on a 408, but I think procharger is the way to go. The 408 will produce enough torque on its own, but the prochargers are proving to have an excellent power curve is well. You could probably sell your 112 and only have to put a couple grand with the revenue for the procharger. Just a thought...

What are you going to do for fueling? Tuning?

TVS 2300... heard good things.... anyone?

I want to see what it does before I sink $$$ into it. I want to see people run it on a wide range of applications and see hard numbers. It deffinately has potential and I have my eye on it for one possible builds I have been kicking around.

To answer the question of this thread,...Holty hit the nail on the head. We need to see some goals before commenting. HOWEVER in general, if I was looking into FI on a 408, an F1 would be a nice combo as Quik mentioned :cheers:

For a street driven application, I'd go with the D1SC. A D1SC can make 8-10psi on a 408 without even having to run a very small blower pulley. A 408 at 8-10psi would be more than fast enough for a street truck. Since you're currently running a Radix, it's just my guess that you're looking into a street and occasional strip setup.