Decided

chevygal

I decided I would like to get the TBSS. I have a conundrum though. I owe $10,000 on the SSS through my credit union. So if I were to trade it, I'd have to come up with the $10,000 on my own, right? If I were to get a deal that left me with $10,000 to finance on the TBSS, I'd have to take out a new loan plus pay off the old one or would they add it on? I think I would be better off selling it and just paying off the loan and then starting new. The problem with that is I'd have to get a deposit of $10,000 to pay off the loan so I could get the title. Not sure if someone would do that. This is tricky.

Selling it yourself is almost always a better deal for you. Why give the dealer the extra profit? Much easier on you to trade it in though. If you sell it yourself you just get paid up front and use that money to pay off your loan then get another one (pre-arranged) to get the TBSS. Talk to your credit union and they should be able to walk you through it pretty easily. Only real problem selling it yourself is that you can't do anything until you sell it and that can be a pain if you only have one vehicle.

:withstupid: The only negative side affect is if u only have this one (1) truck, then u are "a-foot" until u or the dealer find the TBSS that u want, with ALL the options u want. U do get MORE for ur money though as the above members have stated. Heck, I LOVE having more than 1 vehicle now. :rolleyes: LOL!!

List ur SS truck on ur local www.craigslist.com (FREE) and I've sold my last 2 trucks via www.autotrader.com (costs like $50-70 bucks).

Good luck, and keep us posted. :)

Unless I am reading something wrong you don't have a problem. If you only owe 10k on your SSS, I am assuming the trade in value is more than that, you can trade it in and take the equity and apply it to the tbss. The dealer will pay off your SSS loan and get the title, take the extra money and put it on your TBSS loan and away you go.

If you do decide trade in your truck, alway negotiate the TBSS first and get the best price, then negotiate on your SSS. Never do both at once, they will always screw you. Either give you awesome trade in value on your truck and take nothing off the TBSS, or take money off the TBSS and screw you in trade in.

You should be able to get at least 10% off the TBSS without even trying.