Obligitory Dad Pictures

Dylan06SS

Just testing a new lens out... its a 50mm Nikkor lens. Decided since its the holidays and I'll be shooting much more indoors I needed something better suited to that. Its a PITA trying to get decent indoor pics with a 200mm VR zoom lens... kinda realized this while taking shots of the family at thanksgiving when everything came out shitty. :nonod:

Still gotta perfect my indoor lighting technique... tried bouncing the flash off the ceiling in these, but they still came out a tad over exposed IMO and I don't like the shadows behind everything... guess its nothing I can't fix with a little time in CS2.

BTW... Tanner is big on the Cars movie right now... only reason behind the justification of NASCAR style PJ's.

RaceTanner.jpg

RaceTanner2.jpg

i have the nikon d80 with the following lenses

18-200 vr

70-300 vr

12-24

50mm 1.8

all by nikon... the 50 is best for portraits and low light stuff...

I mostly use the 18-200vr... in priority mode...

the depth of field on the 50 is amazing... great for focal shots.

:thumbs:

i have the nikon d80 with the following lenses

18-200 vr

70-300 vr

12-24

50mm 1.8

all by nikon... the 50 is best for portraits and low light stuff...

I mostly use the 18-200vr... in priority mode...

the depth of field on the 50 is amazing... great for focal shots.

:thumbs:

Nice... I use my 18-200vr about 99% of the time... that is a very versatile lens IMO. I myself have learned to shoot in full manual mode... hard to get used too, but once you do the end results are amazing.

Kid looks cute. As far as the pics--they don't look overexposed, but if you bounced the flash off the ceiling on those shots something went wrong. Bounce flash should throw the shadows down at his feet or down and behind depending on the angle. Not sure what camera flash you're using but my guess would be that you have a built-in flash on the body that fired resulting in the shadows. When using an accessory flash on the camera you have to turn off the in camera flash manually. Just a guess. Let me know what your set up is and I can be much more specific. I've learned alot from you about detailing so I'll be happy to help in any way I can with your photography. PM me if you have any questions.

Kid looks cute. As far as the pics--they don't look overexposed, but if you bounced the flash off the ceiling on those shots something went wrong. Bounce flash should throw the shadows down at his feet or down and behind depending on the angle. Not sure what camera flash you're using but my guess would be that you have a built-in flash on the body that fired resulting in the shadows. When using an accessory flash on the camera you have to turn off the in camera flash manually. Just a guess. Let me know what your set up is and I can be much more specific. I've learned alot from you about detailing so I'll be happy to help in any way I can with your photography. PM me if you have any questions.

The flash is an sb600 or 800... remember off the top of my head. I thought that seemed odd too... but given the 9' ceilings in my house I'm thinking that those shadows were not a result of the flash but maybe the ambient light and the flash is either too early or too late... I'm still messing around with it, but I'll hit you up if I have any questions.