Powdercoating Frame Whatcha Think

Quik

to coat or not to coat  

43 members have voted

1. 1. powdercoating frame

• powdercoat
    • dont powdercoat

i guess this goes here on this site. Ive been kicking the idea of possibly stripping whole frame and coating it. reason for this i stripped some of it and painted it and it chipped. a powdercoated frame looks clean and can be done for a fair price. strip frame and coat for under 1k. Would never have to worry about rusting as long as it didnt get to banged up. Truck will never be a winter ride again. I putting to much money into it to allow that to happen and now its paid off i would like to get as much done to it as possible before i step up to buying a pricey house/family and etc. Not to mention truck will be a sorta show truck with lots of performanceso please state your thoughts on it, that wax crap on the truck took a beating for using truck up here in the wintersalso to aid in this... theres no drive train, no bed. so only thing left to remove off frame is the cab which is about 20 minutes of work

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

ok frame black. what about the control arms

a buddy of mine mentioned doing the arms in the blue of my stripes [electron blue] i would like the truck to be sudle but still noticable. im not worried about work involved since i do all my own minus anything i need to contract out.

IT's gonna be kind of a show truck and the work's already half-way done? Go for it man, ain't nothing cleaner than a clean frame and suspension setup. It would look clean as hell with the blue caontrol arms as well. When you pop the hood you'll see your blue vette coil covers and farther down you'll be able to see color-matched control arms. I say BADASS!!! :thumbs:

IT's gonna be kind of a show truck and the work's already half-way done? Go for it man, ain't nothing cleaner than a clean frame and suspension setup. It would look clean as hell with the blue caontrol arms as well. When you pop the hood you'll see your blue vette coil covers and farther down you'll be able to see color-matched control arms. I say BADASS!!! :thumbs:

:withstupid:

I plan on doing it at some point as well... I live in an area with very very salty air, so I plan on doing this as preventative maintenance, I just have to find a shop that will remove everything from the frame, coat it, and reinstall everything for a fair price. I was thinking of just doing undercoating but powdercoating is a damn good idea...

I would definitely do black and blue as well... The accents will look pisser, all you need is some mirrors to put under your truck for the shows! :thumbs:

ok what would you do with the front coils? i plan on running hotchkis sway bars, i already have IAS shocks. planning on Baer brakes as well but not sure if ill get just the upgrade for rotors or the whole setup.

coils.........black?.....silver?

repaint the shocks blue? or leave them eldbrok red?

my color theme is white/blue , so any tips or ideas feel free to post them. the block will probably be electron blue, heads will be polished, intake is staying black. the covers are white at the moment. but i might end up ditching the FRCs and going with the Chevelot valve covers and paint htem blue with white letters saying Chevelot. I might also relocated all the plug wires and hide them as much as possible.

i say do it... i got a question too... I got my spindles installed 4 months ago and now they are covered in rust... is it still possible to get them coated?

yes, since anytime you get something coated they should do a small sand blast on them anyways.