Good Quality Pocket Knife

Champion201

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP! To many choices, ha!

Now I would like specific models. Here is the criteria.

He prefers a metal type handle, small light weight, something he can carry in his pocket without it pulling his pants down. With a NON serrated blade and not very big.

Please help me out guys.

I have a military/police issue benchmade. Switch blade with the angled blade that i forgot the name of off the top of my head... i love it to death and has a lifetime warranty and i can get it resharpened for life for 5 bucks... plus shipping.

How old is the individual you are buying this knife for? I think that could make a world of differnce...my dad carries an old timer knife he has had since he was 17 and thats the ideal knife if its going to be used alot for different stuff...the one with multi blades

I have always carried a Victorinox (Swiss Army). The Victorinox are also very sharp. They use good steel that is easy to keep sharp and stays sharp well.

Mike

:withstupid: I have carried the same Victorinox pocket knife since I was 11 years old in the Boy Scouts. I'm now approaching 40. The main blade still takes and holds a great edge and I've never had any problems with it. As you know, they come in just about every configuration known to man. Great knife.

Anyone have experience with the BUCK Knife named RUSH? its American Made and all the reviews look great but I would like some real people's opinions, if anyone has any. I checked one out and it feels like a good knife.

Below is a pic and here is a link to the information

290PLT.jpg

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)

P1010031Large.jpg

Nice eye candy. I am a big Sig fan. I own several.

Victorinox is out if he wants a metal handle. I still think they are best in a SMALL pocketknife. That Buck you showed looks large. I wouldn't carry something like that and call it a "pocketknife."

Mike

Gerber hands down for the money. I assume you don't want to spend $100+ right? I have used gerbers, buck, schrade, browning, among others to gut deer and other things. The gerbers held their edge better than all others. Don't get me wrong, they will all cut, but I believe gerbers are the best in the $20-$50 price range. I'm sure someone is going to chime in and say gerber is crap though. To each their own.

I would avoid browning no matter what you choose.

:withstupid:

Anyone have experience with the BUCK Knife named RUSH? its American Made and all the reviews look great but I would like some real people's opinions, if anyone has any. I checked one out and it feels like a good knife.

Below is a pic and here is a link to the information

290PLT.jpg

i have one of those. bought it at dicks sporting goods. its a nice little knife. sharp but not crazy sharp. i like the one hand opening feature on the side and the top, also the lock is very good on it. cant complain, also its really light weight and looks nice as well, but it has nothing on my kershaw i got from my snapon dealer, best 100 bucks i have spent.

Here are a couple of the ones I have, the 2nd one is just kinda pricey (but I do like it a lot more).

Number 1

Number 2

Those are nice, I like the styling of the first one; but it's Gerber's higher-priced knives that are the better pieces IMO, I bought one of their under-$40 knives a few years ago and was not happy with it at all, far cry from their service and diving knives. And be sure that he's ok with a double-edged knife, you're in CA so your second knife is ok as those are legal there. Some other worthy considerations:

Forgot about Columbia River (CKRT), they used to make a knife called the Ryan Seven and it was a great knife for about $40 - http://www.crkt.com, you could see if they have something you like there cr-6803-6813.jpg

I was going to suggest the Benchmade model 806 D2/Axis, regarded by many as finest 4" combat pocket knife ever made but apparently they don't make them anymore :( They do make a Model 635 and it is similar, $145 on flea-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/BENCHMADE-635-MINI-SKI...oQQcmdZViewItem

432f_1.JPG

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)