? Intake ?

born_to_race81

hey guys ok i have LT headers and true dual flowmasters , but i still have that bulky stock intake. is it really worth getting a cold air, and is it worth every penny? i mean it seems like if im goin to spend $200 to $300 shouldnt it be on something thats goin to help me out alot more? if its worth it let me know and i guess i need one, but which one do i get? do they all really do the same thing? let know guys i want your input so i make the right decision thanks

hey guys ok i have LT headers and true dual flowmasters , but i still have that bulky stock intake. is it really worth getting a cold air, and is it worth every penny? i mean it seems like if im goin to spend $200 to $300 shouldnt it be on something thats goin to help me out alot more? if its worth it let me know and i guess i need one, but which one do i get? do they all really do the same thing? let know guys i want your input so i make the right decision thanks

use the search feature, it is your friend. Also, this debate will go on forever. Which is better etc.. I just bought a Volant CAI with the RAM air attachment. I'm not sure its getting the boasted 22hp but it does sound much better and you can feel a small performance gain. Just my 02 cents.

Bill

ive had my K&N 77series since i got my SS back in 04.... it was my first mod so i was able to notice it more than you would... gave the truck a nice growl under heavy acceleration and a lttle more of a bite... i would say go for it since you have a full exhaust...then go out and get yourself a tune... as for which one to get its more of whether or not you want an open element filter (like the K&N) or if you want a closed one (like a volant)...

yeah i already have a tune. so is there a difference in open or close or is that just for looks

dude........get an intake. intakes are pretty much preference. i have an AEM open box with 4" aluminum tube and by IAT are with in 5 degrees of ambient temps :chevy:

It's not really which one you should buy, but just the bare fact that you should have one.

Intakes are one of those fundamental upgrades, everything else you put on/in the motor will benefit from an intake.

Keep in mind that an engine is really just a sophisticated air pump, and what you're doing with all these mods comes down to making it breath better, an intake helps out with that a ton. That's also one of the reasons that the big 3 are starting to offer both intakes and exhausts, it's an easy way to get a noticeable gain.

I personally have the GMPP Intake, love every square inch of it. Looks gorgeous, the intake tube on the GMPP swallows the K&N's intake tube, and it sounds nice too!

It is definitely worth it to buy one though; let us know what you decide to do! :thumbs:

ive had my K&N 77series since i got my SS .... it was my first mod so i was able to notice it more than you would... gave the truck a nice growl under heavy acceleration and a lttle more of a bite...

:withstupid: I have the 57-Series and love it.........to sum it up, anything is better then the restrictive stock intake, which one you choose is a matter of personal preference. :chevy: