Where Is The Egr Valve?

BOB47

My engine is throwing a P0400 code. Says it's a bad EGR valve. I know where they were on older cars but where is it on our engine? Is it easy to change? Expensive? Thanks for any help.

Also, will the check engine light go out when it's replaced or do I have to have someone clear it?

My engine is throwing a P0400 code. Says it's a bad EGR valve. I know where they were on older cars but where is it on our engine? Is it easy to change? Expensive? Thanks for any help.

Also, will the check engine light go out when it's replaced or do I have to have someone clear it?

Bob that PO400 code is phantom code(according to AllData) with these trucks seeing how the 6.0 is not EGR equipped. I would give it a day or two and see if the SES light goes out, if all else fails you may need someone to clear it. :chevy:

Bob that PO400 code is phantom code(according to AllData) with these trucks seeing how the 6.0 is not EGR equipped. I would give it a day or two and see if the SES light goes out, if all else fails you may need someone to clear it. :chevy:

Thanks, it's been on for about a week. Autozone says they aren't allowed by law to clear it. Seems to be running fine. :dunno: Guess I'll have to find someone to clear it.

Thanks, it's been on for about a week. Autozone says they aren't allowed by law to clear it. Seems to be running fine. :dunno: Guess I'll have to find someone to clear it.

you can buy a cheap code scanner for 40 bucks and do it yourself. those ppl cant even tell you where a light bulb is without looking it up rather alone operate a code clearer

you can buy a cheap code scanner for 40 bucks and do it yourself. those ppl cant even tell you where a light bulb is without looking it up rather alone operate a code clearer

:withstupid: I saw one on sale in the Advance Auto Parts flyer this past weekend for $59.99

Just drive it a bit longer, it'll probably go off. It may be a problem from your O.S. that your previous tuner gave you.

Zippy,

OK, I'm stupid. What's an O.S.? And previous tuner? PCMforless and you are the only people that have done any tuning on it.

Zippy,

OK, I'm stupid. What's an O.S.? And previous tuner? PCMforless and you are the only people that have done any tuning on it.

Sorry, the trucks operating system. It's the factory tune used for the truck. The operating system for a truck is kinda like a Windows program for your computer. PCMforless is probably the one that put that O.S. on it assuming it was a standard mail order tune. If you can send me the pcm for a day, I can fix it.

Sorry, the trucks operating system. It's the factory tune used for the truck. The operating system for a truck is kinda like a Windows program for your computer. PCMforless is probably the one that put that O.S. on it assuming it was a standard mail order tune. If you can send me the pcm for a day, I can fix it.

PM me the address you want it sent to. I've still got the original so I can swap them and send it to you. When I put the original one back in will I have to do the relearn procedure? Thanks for all the help Zippy.