Dealer Cant Figure Out Whats Wrong

TheGunny

So i was coming home from snowboarding and my door chime starting going off non stop and the door locks started trying to lock and the dome light turning on... it keeps saying driver door adjar. So i took it to the dealer and they can't figure out what wrong with it, they have had it for 2 days and are now saying its due to the aftermarket alarm thats on it... Can anyone offer any info or advice...

you may want to take it back to the installer and have them check out all the wires components and such, but for some reason i have a suspicion about the battery in the remote, so check that first.

Did this start just after the install? Might have used an incorrect by-pass. Also, could be a wrong wire, loose wire, and hell, even a sensor went bad.

Be warned, I found out the hard way that it takes the door triggers on the truck 60 seconds or so to engage for the alarm (factory or aftermarket).

Did this start just after the install? Might have used an incorrect by-pass. Also, could be a wrong wire, loose wire, and hell, even a sensor went bad.

Be warned, I found out the hard way that it takes the door triggers on the truck 60 seconds or so to engage for the alarm (factory or aftermarket).

No the alarm has been in for about a year... so i am taking the truck back to the place that installed it and he said he would take a look at it, so we'll see

I would also say its related to the alarm.............if everything is all set and good with the alarm, the next place to look would be the drivers door latch assembly. The latch contains the pin switch which contols the dome light etc. :chevy:

I had an issue with the aftermarket alarm/remote starter I had in my 96 Z71. The truck would try to start itself repeatedly over night. Turned out that the alarm's brain was fried. It was around 3 yrs old when it started happening.

im with them.... thats 100% alarm. im guessing it usually does it after you use the remote start?

like firerescue said- the sensors are kinda slow. i put the alarm in my truck myself, so i know its all right. if i use the remote start, as soon as i hit the brake pedal to turn it off, the dome lights and driver door open all happen for about 2 or 3 seconds and then it goes to normal.

The Alarm is made by Scosche ... and know new additions to the truck except for some new DRL and backup bulbs... I was driving it home from the dealer last night and it almost seems like there might be a loose wire somewhere is seems to be aggrivated by bumps or hard movements in the car, I guess Ill see what the alarm shop says.

The Alarm is made by Scosche ... and know new additions to the truck except for some new DRL and backup bulbs... I was driving it home from the dealer last night and it almost seems like there might be a loose wire somewhere is seems to be aggrivated by bumps or hard movements in the car, I guess Ill see what the alarm shop says.

what shop did the alarm? My first alarm completely cut out my cruise control... once i ripped it out and went with a better shop and a better alarm, problem vanished and my cruise control worked fine again.

what shop did the alarm? My first alarm completely cut out my cruise control... once i ripped it out and went with a better shop and a better alarm, problem vanished and my cruise control worked fine again.

Street Sound plus off T O blvd. have you heard of them? So far I've been pretty happy...