370 Build

I'm getting ready to put my list together and get the forged 370 going. I'll be keeping the stock crank and am looking at either JE or Diamond.

Just curious what some of you other guys think or thought from previous experiences and such. Right now my everything is stock except for the valve springs. Obviously, this 370 is going to be built for my 76 Turbonetics.

I'll prob keep the stock heads for now, but would like to get a set to flow better and keep the compression ratio down. Any ideas?

shoot for 9.1. this wil lallow for good bit of boost and plenty of power without being in boost. anything less is a dog. remember compression works in any application. you could stay 10.1 but would run a higher octane. ppl shoot lower compression but they run more boost.

30psi at 8.1 = 700 hp

15 psi at 9.1= 700hp granted these are off the wall numbers but do workout similar to these results. not ot mention 3k and lower your truck is a dog with 8.1 compresion. with 9.1 you wont be so much of a dog. there s a huge thread over on tech about compresion.

i would go diamond on hte pistons and look to use dual springs like the patriots

i ran probe forged i beam rods for weight and used the diamond pistons which are a bit heavier but proven piston. i also went ahead and bought a forged crank in stock stroke since my stocker was wasted.

i run some 66 cc patriot heads. and im at 9.25-1cr. runs good out of boost and comes in nicely.

Both those would be a nice boost piston. Diamonds are heavier but are ideal for a high boosted motor.

For heads, why not stick with some worked 317s. No gain in copression with a stock comustion chamber size. Plus a worked set of 317s would compliment (feed) that 370 well.

Reworking my 317's is always an option.  I had reworked 241's from MTI when I was NA, but the compression was a lil on the high side so I put the stockers back on.  I'll also be using an LS6 cam and will probably be using a LS6 intake too if I can find on at a good price. 

1K would be cool, but then it will for sure have tranny troubles, which you already know. I just want to stay in that safe Rossler zone.

TJ, my truck is getting painted as we speak. It's gonna be pretty sick nasty. Similiar to Chip Foose F150 but with a twist. Let me know what you find out about those BOSS rims because I might want to add a lil flare to those too.

I agree with the Doctor. Make a pass in cool weather and put yourself on top of the record books in the SSS department, forge the motor after that to make yourself good for 1000hp, and wait for someone to come close to your ET and MPH then make a glory pass at the elevated HP level and shut up the competition for good.

Can't wait to see the truck Chris, I am sure it will look nasty...

I do agree Bunyan, AZ had been at the top WAY TOO LONG. We'll see if we can get it done after autorama. I wanted the forged 370 done before the Zippy event and Indy Bash too. I'll be coming across a lil extra johnny cash from my student loans and then we can send the doctor on a lil shopping spree for rods, pistons, and ARP's. It's good to know that if my wife ever kicks me out, atleast I can sleep in the bed of my truck. lol

Happy New Year Spring Lake Crew, I miss yawl.

Here is what the F150 looks like. I'm letting my painter add his flare for the dramatic.

http://autoshows.ford.com/157/2007/04/03/c...hest-f150-ever/