Check This Out

Simon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long has that recall been out?

might consider a class action

I have been looking more and wonder what the story is.

there was a bad batch in 2003 and those had no stripe, they fixed them and started using a blue strip.

I was not able to find a more current post about the blue strip 918's.

I am still gonna email them and check.

Comp Cams has some great service so far. Spoke to them twice today and they gave me answers. Can't say that about others i've been trying to reach for a week now...

Their cam help line is very nice and their warranty managers very comprehensive.

A++

Comp Cams has some great service so far. Spoke to them twice today and they gave me answers. Can't say that about others i've been trying to reach for a week now...

Their cam help line is very nice and their warranty managers very comprehensive.

A++

so what are they going to do for you?

so what are they going to do for you?

they are recalled.

they are out of stock so it will be 30 days or so.

I am trying to see if I need to send out my old ones first, it would be easier to change them with the new set here.

They ask I send the old ones back.

So anyone with blue strips get on it...I have not driven my truck since Simon posted this stuff and it sucks.

they are recalled.

they are out of stock so it will be 30 days or so.

I am trying to see if I need to send out my old ones first, it would be easier to change them with the new set here.

They ask I send the old ones back.

So anyone with blue strips get on it...I have not driven my truck since Simon posted this stuff and it sucks.

Joe,

I think you misunderstood my question, sorry about that. I know they have been recalled. I already got my "new" 918's and installed them last weekend. Comp did not require me to send my current ones back before sending me the new ones. They did however include a return shipping label for the old ones.

My question was to Simon asking if Comp was going to do anything for him about his engine since the problem was caused by there springs.

Joe,

I think you misunderstood my question, sorry about that. I know they have been recalled. I already got my "new" 918's and installed them last weekend. Comp did not require me to send my current ones back before sending me the new ones. They did however include a return shipping label for the old ones.

My question was to Simon asking if Comp was going to do anything for him about his engine since the problem was caused by there springs.

sorry holty, I was more putting 918 info up so anyone else could save them b4 it drops a valve.

I am going to guess they will do little for a blown engine, but I would love to be proven wrong in this case :(

Yes, they are going to do something. I'll keep you guys posted. However, if I was in your pants Joe, I'd have a couple of cold ones and change my springs. It's been a month minus 5 days since my SS is broken and it sucks.

I just emailed comp, it might be worth the pain of swapping to get the new version of the 918??? which is surposed to be a better spring.

I should have listened when you told me to get the ZO6 springs :banghead:

I will say that I haven't ran into any breaking the LS6/Z06 springs. I use them anytime I can keep the lift low enough. I've used them safely on lifts up to .577 so far. The 918's are just fine and even better if you get the new one's. I'm just not fond of the noise that they make for faulse KR* reasons mostly. I'm also against using more valve spring pressure than is needed for the application. That will wear the valves and valve seats out quicker, put more pressure on the lifters, cause the cam to wear quicker, as well as cause more parasitic loss from turning the cam.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, they are sending me some replacements parts. Pretty much what is needed to rebuild an engine that Comp Cams makes. So I will be receiving a cam, lifters, pushrods, rockers, double springs, timing chain. This is helping me big time, I am already busting my "budget" on the 408 build.

The least I can say is thanks and that you can buy Comp Cams parts with confidence, they stand 100%behind their products.