Cutouts

keebler85

I am wanting to get some cutouts for my 03. What kind or what size and most important is what brand?

If you have the factory pipe from cats to muffler, then you want 2.5 in. Are you looking for man. or elec.?

for one you can get one under 2 I would suggest quick time performance. QTP is known well in the f-body world and I would have trust in them for some electric cutouts. I want some and thats what im gonna get

well i am wanting to do cutouts and also put headers on...how much time would it take for me, i have friends that will help as well, to install both? my father doesnt want me to buy headers cause he said they would be hard for me and my friends to install. any help?

depend son how mechainically inclined you are. for lt headers youll need to fab up or have new exhaust fabbed at least for the y pipe . imo headers are cake on these trucks.

has your father installed headers on one of these trucks?

well i am wanting to do cutouts and also put headers on...how much time would it take for me, i have friends that will help as well, to install both? my father doesnt want me to buy headers cause he said they would be hard for me and my friends to install. any help?

i'd say if you guys know what you are doing and have pipe and welding experience...go for it.

i dont have the Y pipe and what about installing the cutouts?

as far as the y pipe just buy some 90 degree mandrel bent and straight pipes and fab it. what cutouts are going with? just put them after the cats.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

i was thinking about some QTP, and the 90 bend will not be hard cause my brother in law works at GATES which they have all kinds of fab machines

gates? owned by tomkins?