Need Help With L76 Manifold/l92 Heads Install On Lq4!

I have used the search button and have not been able to find information regarding this install. I would like to know what modifciations that need to be done in order to make this combo work with a 90mm cable driven throttle body on a LQ4 motor. This motor is going into a 1995 :chevy: Impala. below is a link to my friends car, he's using a Goat motor but I rather use the trucks.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/sho...3237&page=7

You will have to modify the water pump neck and re-route the belt with a modified pulley moutning system. Search the user name benkey on here. He has a very thorough write up of how to install a "car" intake manifold and what is involved. He installed a FAST intake, which is about the same process as the L76. He had pictures and all.

• 2 weeks later...
You'd have to be more specific as to which area you're looking for help on. Which pulley system are you running also? Are you going to use the L76 truck or car intake?

I am using a car intake the L76 intake manifold. The reason I am choosing the LQ4 is because the accesory setup sits further out than the car motors and it is cheaper to find. I need help in finding the pulley systems, heads and other bolt ons. If the motor is out I might as well upgrade things now, instead of being stock.

You will wish you could go with the car accessory pullies as you will need to modify the pulley system to clear the throttle body. The way the truck accessory belt is routed interferes with the throttle body location on the much lower profile car intakes. Search for benkey or fast intake installation and you will see what we mean. The other issue you will encounter is the water pump neck will have to be moved.modified on the truck water pump. A car water pump will not fit, because as you just mentioned, the truck accessories sit further out. You would have to space out the water pump with custom machined spacers and gaskets. speartech makes a relocation bracket to relocate the idler pulley out of the way. This isn't that impossible and not super hard, but it will be time consuming. However, it will also be bad a$$ when its done.