So I Hit Another Tree...

Rausche

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a slow dialup and cant see the videos. but we are supposed to get a bunch of snow (a couple of feet) here today and i want to go try out the new tires on my truck. snow donuts will be a necessity. but i will go out to the flats where there are no trees! oh wait, i live in the desert, there are no trees anywhere, just a lot of telephone poles (right Dave) and no pavement to trip me up. pics to follow.

I thought it was funny, but...

You are lucky it was the tree and not one of your buddies holding the camera, you were a little close there a few times. It only takes one small lapse in judgement to get yourself or someone else hurt or killed.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

I thought it was funny, but...

You are lucky it was the tree and not one of your buddies holding the camera, you were a little close there a few times. It only takes one small lapse in judgement to get yourself or someone else hurt or killed.

It looks close in the footage, but in reality, he was only sidestepping out of the way. I took great care not to hit him, and this is certainly not the first time I've done this. I was at least 3-4 feet from him at all times, and I was not moving very fast (10mph actual speed tops)

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

haha leave the snow dough nuts to the professionals :jester:

The donuts I have no problem with, it's the drifting around oval islands that gets me! :lol:

Also, I'm not sure it helped that I have Goodyear LS-2s on the front and the original Goodyear LSs on the back...

I would've made that slide no problem, however at this point I'm choosing to blame the incident on the fact that I'd gone around that island so many times I'd melted the ice and made 'snow ruts' where the tires would catch traction, and it threw me off big time.

That's not to say that this wouldn't have been avoided if I hadn't been so careless (my carelessness is above all the cause for this for sure), but had it been fresh ice I would've made that easy.

Alex, Alex Alex,... :sigh:

Hey c'mon, it was good, clean, sober fun.

I'm not upset at all that it happened, it could've been much much worse if I'd hit a person or a light-pole or a dumpster, I'd take that little tree any day of the week!

This just sets back my Dynatech / GMPP Sport / RoadRunner purchase, that's all. Besides, the paint on my bumper cover was nasty anyways, now I get a new one!

It looks close in the footage, but in reality, he was only sidestepping out of the way. I took great care not to hit him, and this is certainly not the first time I've done this. I was at least 3-4 feet from him at all times, and I was not moving very fast (10mph actual speed tops)

let me put it this way.... you were at least 10 feet away from that tree when you realized what was about to happen, simply because you made a small mistake. now when you went into that turn to do a dougnut, i bet you didnt plan on hitting the tree. now take 5 feet away and replace it with a person.