Intercooler Vs. Meth

I am looking to get a little more out of my Powerdyne. I know but I have had good luck with mine. :) I am not sure which route to take. What are the benfits of each in relation to cost, fabrication, performace gains?

I currently am at 9psi and dont want to kill the bearings so looking at the timing and tune now. Any help, guidance, or experance would be great.

i would say that an intercooler would be first choice, but i dont think thats a fair comparison. its like two different things, even tho they both drop IATs. i dont know much about the powerdynes, but if they dont make their own intercooler kit then it will be very difficult to fab a setup. meth without an intercooler i would call a "cover-up", but it will still help. you can find meth kits all over the internet. however, the snow meth kit seems to be popular

The Powerdyne does not have a Intercool kit. So it would have to be fabed up. I have been looking for a while but unable to find an example of one to follow as a templet for a silverado. The Snow is much much lower in cost and time then the Intercooler. Any ideas on a Intercooler templet???

Hey, Great question! I am currently in this Position as well with my non-intercooled Vortech.

Call Snow performance Directly, they were very helpful to me.

Also Vortech sells an Intercooler kit for like $1800-2200 depending where you pruchase it. I am sure that one would prolly not need much to make it work. Check out Vortech's web site, search AFTERCOOLER for chevy truck.

BTW, I have found all the Peices on EBay, and Makeing your own air to water intercooler kit would be far cheaper!

~Danny

Intercooler makes WAY more sense for a street truck.

Call a local performance shop...see what they might charge to make some piping, and mount and intercooler behind the grille.

I'd run a bend out of the charger, and around the radiator...to the front of the truck.

In one side of the intercooler (the cheap-o eBay bar-and-plate intercoolers have been proven to be pretty good for the $$$)...then out, around the drivers side of the radiator, and to the throttlebody.

...that is, if there's room for the pipes. Looks like it.

- Brian

Note: One thing U may consider is an( air to air ) vs an (air to Water) set up.

Air to Air is going to be cheaper. Not sure if U noticed, but the Kit that guy is selling u on PT.net is an air-air kit for $600.

Also, about half those guys that replied to your post were running air to air.

From what I have read, for a street truck, air to air is better? disapates heat better?

sposidly, the coolant heat soak's after awhile and you start warming your air charge?

But, for Drag Racing, the air to water, is Waaaaay better, cause you can add Ice and run very very cold coolant, and reduce IAT's alot.

(Please Guru's Correct me on any of this as I am a Rookie)

I think the whole Idea of Meth is pretty good, but I imagine it would be harder to tune and set up properly, due to placement of the IAT? It would be hard to determine what the actuall charge temp would be.

My Pan is to Run my truck once I move my IAT, see what My IAT Readings are, and compare those reading to people with like setup's and , and air to air, vs, air to water. might not be worth doing if the air to water isn't running 20 degrees cooler at least?

a2a intercooler

I have a front mount and meth, I would do both if you could , i have a turbo so i only spray in high boost, but with your setup i would go with the intercooler, with the meth nozzle i use i go through a gallon in 2 days just playing around with cars on the street ... you would go through meth like crazy not to mention it evaporates as well.

intercooler $1100---- meth kit $325 plus meth $25 case over the next couple years you would have equaled what you would have spent on the intercooler plus with it you are cooling intake temps all the time not just when spraying at certain boost levels ... hope that helps

air to air is nice but if you want to go to the track alot it may be better to go with a water to air....you can cool it down more but for the street go with an air -air type

(pick the intercooler)))))