Black Out Tail And Headlights

67speeda

It just depends on how strictly they enforce the laws like that in your state. Here in SC its not bad and we dont even have vehicle inspections, but if I drive to Georgia I can almost guarantee Ill get pulled over for window tint, and I just got my taillights tinted and they are as dark as my paint so that might be a problem too. My friend got pulled in GA for his windows and he got a $235 ticket, I got pulled over in my old car in GA and got a warning... So I guess it has to do with luck too

I say go for it :thumbs:

okay thanks....

going to call a few local PD buddies and see what they say

I am a FF, so that usually gets me out of small tickets like this....

for some reason tinted front windows is the PD pet pev. So i won't be doing that

My black TBSS has smoked/blacked out tail lights and 3rd brake light. I know it isn't legal, but it looks too damn good! It's either 300 or 500 feet or something along those lines that the light must be visible from your lights or else the cop will pull you over. Anyways...where in NJ are you from?

Edited by IH82W8 (see edit history)

My black TBSS has smoked/blacked out tail lights and 3rd brake light. I know it isn't legal, but it looks too damn good! It's either 300 or 500 feet or something along those lines that the light must be visible from your lights or else the cop will pull you over. Anyways...where in NJ are you from?

I've actually been pulled over for mine already. The cop used a meter on them and said I was legal, but cutting it close.

With a TBSS we don't have to worryabout it as much b/c the real thing they're looking for is reflectors, since the TBSS has the seperate reflectors built into the bumper we're fine... not so lucky for the silverado guys but I'm sure it won't get you hassled anymore than window tint.

image0011-1.jpg

monmouth county

I see A LOT o vette's with the black out tail lights and they sem to be getting away with it

Everytime I see a SSS wit black headlights and taillights i drool....lol

where in NJ are you from?

monmouth county

I see A LOT o vette's with the black out tail lights and they sem to be getting away with it

Everytime I see a SSS wit black headlights and taillights i drool....lol

where in NJ are you from?

I see A LOT of trailblazer SSs around my area...not many SSS unfortunately. Here's a pic of my tails and 3rd brake light so you can see how awesome they look. If you really want to get yours done, I'll PM you with the contact information of the person who did mine - he does phenomenal work. I'm from Montville, NJ. 5 mins from parsippany What town do you live in? im not too sure how far monmouth co is from me

SSdebadged002.jpg

Texas015.jpg

Rule of Thumb....If it's not factory, It's illegal if you piss off a cop......Or if he's just in a bad mood. Had tinted windows for 3 years, never had an issue, but 1 day a State Trooper pulled a massive U turn thru a grass / mud median and did a felony stop on me...why? tinted windows and no front license plate.. :thumbsdown: