Flat Tire

chevygal

i would never use fix a flat... :M16: i have had people come into the shop to have flats fix after using that crap. most times i could not get the inside of the tire clean enough to put a patch on. it turned the rubber very soft and useless to patch...

next time CALL 1-800-CHEV-USA (243-8872) GM roadside assistance. tell them you have a flat, and they will send someone out to change it for you..also good for break downs, lock outs, and out of gas. most if not all are covered in full under warranty,

hope this helps.. :chevy:

:seeya:

Thanks for the warning on the Fix-A-Flat. The guy from work came and changed the tire for me. The tire is definitely shit. It's got two small slices on the wall on the inside. I don't remember running over anything but maybe with the snow storm we got the other day, I did. Anway, I have one more question; the spare tire is not the same as the regular tires. I thought I read somewhere that we had a full size, stock tire. My concern is, my dealership is about 30 miles away. I am worried about driving that far on the highway with this tire that isn't the same as thes stocks. Don't all the tires have to match on an AWD vehicle? Why would they put an unmatched spare? Or, did some #$%^head at the dealer switch my spare?

Thanks for the warning on the Fix-A-Flat. The guy from work came and changed the tire for me. The tire is definitely shit. It's got two small slices on the wall on the inside. I don't remember running over anything but maybe with the snow storm we got the other day, I did. Anway, I have one more question; the spare tire is not the same as the regular tires. I thought I read somewhere that we had a full size, stock tire. My concern is, my dealership is about 30 miles away. I am worried about driving that far on the highway with this tire that isn't the same as thes stocks. Don't all the tires have to match on an AWD vehicle? Why would they put an unmatched spare? Or, did some #$%^head at the dealer switch my spare?

You will be just fine running on the spare. The spare is a 265/75/16 but what matters is the overall height of the wheel/tire combo. They are basically the same height.

You may have read the thread w/ the guy running 275/45/20s on the back and 275/55/20s on the front. There is a 2 inch difference in those 2 tires, which is a no no.

The tire is definitely shit. It's got two small slices on the wall on the inside. I don't remember running over anything but maybe with the snow storm we got the other day, I did

if the slices are coming from the tread towards the rim, i also had the same thing on the stock Goodyear's i had. this summer i found 3 out of 4 tires were split, one tire had 5 slices in it. :banghead: looked like they were all separating at the tread to the sidewall. someone also posted here a while ago about the same thing. have ALL your tires checked ASAP.. :smash:

good luck

I'm definitely going to have them checked when I bring it on Tuesday. They have to be rotated anyway. Thanks guys for all the advice. You all put my mind to rest every time I have a question. It's like having a bunch of brothers I never met! :)

if the slices are coming from the tread towards the rim, i also had the same thing on the stock Goodyear's i had. this summer i found 3 out of 4 tires were split, one tire had 5 slices in it. :banghead: looked like they were all separating at the tread to the sidewall. someone also posted here a while ago about the same thing. have ALL your tires checked ASAP.. :smash:

good luck

like this http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...5&hl=brandt