NYC SUCKS

FalconPilot

Well, here I am in the NYC area for only a week. The SS spends it's nights in a parking garage at the hotel with Hays security running around. I get to the SS this morning only to find the drivers side door has been split open under the lock. It was there less than 8 hours, overnight. Looks like nothing was taken from inside, but it hurts just the same.

I come from a small town upstate. This type of thing just does not happen at home. I don't understand how all you cityslickers can put up with this crap. Overpopulation SUCKS. Plus the city is shut down, just because you got a little snow! They closed the city schools because people can't stay home to take care of their own kids!!! What is wrong with that picture. Show some responsibility!

OK, now that all that is said, I am sorry. I should not generalize like that. I have never been a city person. Everyone lives their own life. I choose to spend mine in the country, where the air is clean, people are frendly, you know (and help) your neighbor (even if they live over a mile away), AND YOUR NEW TRUCK DOESN'T GET VANDELIZED. ARRRGGGGGG

SAVE THE PLANET, KILL YOURSELF!

Chad

Someone Hit and Run the front driver door and fender on one of my rides before, I feel for you, what a terrible :sick: feeling.

They'll never find or try to find the bozo that did this, not important enough for P.D.

It would be less painful if truck would have been stolen instead.

Get your insurance to pay for at least door skin replacement and keep an eye of bodyshop to make sure they don't damage the frame.

Go to a reputable shop and ask for references and check out the work before commiting, good bodyshops and a good painter are hard to come by but can be found and will make the pain go away if well done.

Good Luck...

Dr Mike :cool:

That really sucks.

I'm the same way though - I don't like busy cities. Give me a small town any-day.

Friends at work don't understand why I'm looking at rural pieces of land to buy. They all live in developments.

"Don't you want neighbors and other people around?"

"No."

FalconPilot sorry to hear about the bad luck.I had a simular thing happen to me a couple of years ago, it sucks. The only good thing that came out of it was I got a alarm with auto start put in afterwards and the auto start was such a nice feature upgrade it kinda made me forget about the misfortune. Good Luck on the repairs :)

That sucks. I will not leave mine parked at night time (or very long during daylight) in downtown Cincinnati. I get too many stares from sketchy people around there. It just goes to prove that you cannot have anything nice without someone wanting it and not having to work hard for it. People that do these type of things should be tortured slowly :smash:

chad, sorry to hear about that!!! your rant was right on as far as I'M concerned!!!! try to find a collision repair center that reapirs high end cars like mercedes.my dad runs a body shop for a dealer here in NC, that sells pontiac gmc and mercedes and they have mercedes certified body repair men!!! they will be painting ss stripes on my ride soon, good luck!!!

You fly a Falcon? Thats pretty cool. I don't think the airlines buys those for a Cumuter jet do they?

I'm just courious. Ever ran your truck down the runway?

I do not know of any comuters that fly falcons. Most of the RJ's are Challengers

Runway? I have to do a check of it before I fly! I usually get to at least 110 on the way down. I hit 120+ once or twice. It is great when I get there and they have not plowed yet. Just endless tire spinning and sliding!

I had the SS at 105 with 3" of snow on the runway, and snow tires. It tracked great and even slowed down ok!

The estimate to fix the SS is over $1700. We will see what the insurance company does to that. They should replace the door and handle. I hope

sorry to hear that, it sucks when people are stupid. :fume: I was trying to start a list of good body shops and tuners and general repairs for the SSS, so we could find out who will take care of our trucks.

on a side note, would you post some pics with the snow tires on :confused::D I bet it looks pretty cool, just interested in seeing those snow tires.

Hopefully you can get your truck back to you asap

Archived