Ss Shut Off While Driving

Firered

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what keeps happening to me! i wouldnt bother taking it to the dealer since it doesnt throw a code and they cant really fix it from my experience without reading a code. and they couldnt replicate the problem and either can i but since it has gotten a lot colder i have experienced it a lot more often. im going to check the throttle body to see if it is sticking or to see if there is any gunk in it (basically make sure it looks ok) also check the throttle position sensor (i heard these tend to do crazy things), also gonna buy a new battery ( i looked at the voltmeter in the dash when it was trying to die and it was up and down)

My dad has a 2000 with 52k miles on it. The last time I went up there to visit he was saying the same thing would happen. Just out of the blue the truck would die and every once in a while it would be hard to start. It turned out to be corroded battery connections. Cleaned them up for him and his truck has been going strong ever sense. Just another thing for you to check.

Drclaw, What you have just posted fits my issue to a T. I don't understand why it is not throwing a code either..

I do notice that the battery needle does pulse at time especially when off the gas and sitting at idle.. I wonder if anything is going on with the Computer,,

Drclaw, What you have just posted fits my issue to a T. I don't understand why it is not throwing a code either..

I do notice that the battery needle does pulse at time especially when off the gas and sitting at idle.. I wonder if anything is going on with the Computer,,

no i dont think its a problem with the computer imo i think it is more of a battery, alternator, fuel system problem, or that sensor from before. but dont quote me on that cause im kinda just making an educated guess on what i have heard from other people