Corsa cat-back

teamgreen420

I had one on my 5.3 Avalanche:

Install was a breeze. It was harder getting the old system out in one piece. (had to drop a shock, the rear sway bar, and e-brake line bracket.)

The fit was "good" not great. I got one of the first systems produced for the Av's, so I had a small tweak I had to do to the last hanger. My muffler was also an early design which had a rattle to it, and was replaced with no cost to me. Even with those two issues, I'd still highly recommend the system. Their custome support is awesome.

Power - I didn't notice anything missing down low, and I'm real picky about that. Upper horsepower was good. No huge improvements in power, honestly, just much nicer sound. I got low 18's mpg, when I took it real easy. Previous best on the stock system was 16's.

It's real quiet at low throtle openings, real loud when you get into it. Idle is nice. About twice as loud as the stock exhaust on them (still quiet).

If you don't mind a few popus, I have a soundclip here...

Easy install took about 45 min. start to finish. High quality exhaust. I had a lift so was able to get the stock exhaust out in 1 piece. If you don't have access to a lift you will have to cut the stock exhaust to remove it.

Sounds awsome on the outside, souds like NASCAR. It is very quiet on the inside, not much different from stock.

Which Corsa do you have, the Sport or the Touring? I have the sport but changing mufflers the touring. And if you don't have a lift just let the spare tire down jack the truck up as high as you can get it, the factory exhaust will come out in one piece.

the sport is tuned to be a bit louder than the touring when your on the throttle. at cruise they are pretty close to the same. about the same power. for normal driving, interior noise with a corsa system is minimal.

Horsepower gains between the two systems will be the same. As mentioned the Sport system will be more aggressive sounding at wide open throttle. Both of them a pretty quiet during normal driving with no interior resonance. The Sport system tends to be the most popular. Sound files for the 5.3 and 6.0 trucks can be found on our website.

Tom

Archived