Comparison 03-04's To 05-06 Ss's

Blackhawk355

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an 03 SS AWD. Right now im getting 14.8 mpg avg. according to the DIC, being about 0* around here doesnt help much but during the summer I saw 15-15.1 avg. driving on the highway. In the city Im getting about 13. The first and only time ive taken my truck to the track it ran a 15.47 @ 86 mph, that was with a full tank of gas, completely stock, and hot and humid out. If you live in an area that gets a lot of snow the AWD is very nice, otherwise if you like to do huge burnouts and what not, the RWD might be more fun. This all just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

My truck has averaged 15.0 mpg durring it's life, had 17.7 mpg when I got it. It's a 2004 BLUE model (best SS ever!)

I use my AWD SS to move about as a daily driver in Ohio weather, and use it and abuse it often... just as my screen name may suggest :D

My truck has averaged 15.0 mpg durring it's life, had 17.7 mpg when I got it. It's a 2004 BLUE model (best SS ever!)

x2 on the Blue color. But how in the hell do you get 17 out of it? Did it have some kind of tune or serious weight reduct.

x2 on the Blue color. But how in the hell do you get 17 out of it? Did it have some kind of tune or serious weight reduct.

It had 17.7 when I bought the truck, but it has dropped to 15.0 durring the last year. I'm guessing the previous owner just drove the speed limit on the interstate or something, lol. Plus, I allow it to idle a good bit, even more now since it's so cold, that would lower the average fuel miliage.

It had 17.7 when I bought the truck, but it has dropped to 15.0 durring the last year. I'm guessing the previous owner just drove the speed limit on the interstate or something, lol. Plus, I allow it to idle a good bit, even more now since it's so cold, that would lower the average fuel miliage.

Sure enough, my parents took my truck to Tennesse this weekend and when they came back the DIC said 17.7. They drove at 75mph there and back. I never thought it would see over 15.5.

i avg around 17-17.5. i get around 15.5 for around town avg, and around 18-18.5 hwy avg. thats with me driving it pretty easy but getting on it here and there.

i was getting a little better when the weather was warmer last fall. or it could be from taking the bed cover off.....or both.

i bet a stocker 2wd could get 20 on the hwy at around 70 mph.