Chase... You're Rubbing Off On Me...

sorry to hear the news Dave. I'm dropping mine off at the transmission shop tomorrow to get looked at. not running stable, running hot (210* at 70mph in 35* weather), and threw a code. I did find a small leak, but I think that's the least of my worries. I hope I'm not heading for #3.

Good luck!

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

That is just terrible luck. Your stock one lasted way longer than this. In your situation I'd be tempted to have the big dollar one fixed and sell it. Buy a stock 65E brand new from GM, have a shift kit put in, and run that. I see more built transmissions fail sometimes than stock units with a shift kit. An 80E might be the way to go, but it's not a direct solution. I sell roughly as many 80E's at work for replacement as I do 60E's. They aren't unbreakable either. I feel bad hearing about the terrible luck you've been having though. My guess is that you either broke the reaction carrier or the forward sprag.

very true zippy

That is just terrible luck. Your stock one lasted way longer than this. In your situation I'd be tempted to have the big dollar one fixed and sell it. Buy a stock 65E brand new from GM, have a shift kit put in, and run that. I see more built transmissions fail sometimes than stock units with a shift kit. An 80E might be the way to go, but it's not a direct solution. I sell roughly as many 80E's at work for replacement as I do 60E's. They aren't unbreakable either. I feel bad hearing about the terrible luck you've been having though. My guess is that you either broke the reaction carrier or the forward sprag.

my stocker with minor zippy mods is holding good(crossing my fingers) and I've got near 20K with the maggie. I'm still at the 3.0 pulley but I'll probably go to the 2.8 when I've got the cash for a built trans. I do not baby my truck either. Since moving to the city 3 months ago I like to get into some quick boost and many times I've gunned it on wet roads and let up. Plus she's got 10+ track runs. Hope the stocker last forever because I don't feel like droppoing $3K-$4K on a built one. Hope you get it fixed fast Dave.