Chase... You're Rubbing Off On Me...

Yea, i just torched my trans tonight on the way to costco with the wife, in the rain, driving in traffic... who knows what went this time...

Last time i THOUGHT it was the TC.... i was wrong, i spoke with frank at performabuilt and he said it was the input shaft twisted 90*, never seen that happen he said... strange.

This time I still have reverse, but all forward gears are toast...

stay tuned... a 4l80e swap is most likely the solution this time... Im sure they are tired of replacing the trans for free...

just look what a reasonable 430rwhp (5.3l FI) can do to built 65e's...

the theme of this new trans will be "billet"...

:fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume::fume:

Sorry man :( Very disheartening. And the 430hp has little to do with it, I've got a BONE STOCK LQ9 and I'm going into my 4th build... they say character is not what you do on the 2nd time, but the 5th or 6th time :banghead:

Mr. P.

yeah its all luck sometimes youll have one last forever on a heavily modded truck and then not last for shit next time. ive been through it all and i think there is a way to keep it alive it just takes the right combo.

i wish i cold have driven home in reverse... too far away....

yea, i cant keep wasting time on the inevitable... next in 4l80e...

the guys over at performabuilt have been really supportive in all of this... they have warrantied everything thus far.

I will know sooner than later....

i wish i cold have driven home in reverse... too far away....

yea, i cant keep wasting time on the inevitable... next in 4l80e...

the guys over at performabuilt have been really supportive in all of this... they have warrantied everything thus far.

I will know sooner than later....

and for now, the transmission gods have a firm grasp of you by the junk.

let us know the details once you find out.

Sorry that happend at such a crappy time bro. I always look at breaking parts as a chance to upgrade, but after a while of the same part, its just a major pita and drain on the bank accound. Pull the trans, and lets go put some holes in it! :)

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

That is just terrible luck. Your stock one lasted way longer than this. In your situation I'd be tempted to have the big dollar one fixed and sell it. Buy a stock 65E brand new from GM, have a shift kit put in, and run that. I see more built transmissions fail sometimes than stock units with a shift kit. An 80E might be the way to go, but it's not a direct solution. I sell roughly as many 80E's at work for replacement as I do 60E's. They aren't unbreakable either. I feel bad hearing about the terrible luck you've been having though. My guess is that you either broke the reaction carrier or the forward sprag.