Whipple

The Whipple looks almost exactly like the Kenne Bell I'm using. The intercooler doesn't have anything to do with save or unsafe for the engine, it just cools the air temperature so you can use more boost. Result: more Boost= more Power. :thumbs:

Ok, let me rephrase the question. Is it recomended to use a non intercooled supercharger over an intercooled one. I live in Mighigan and we only have about 3-4 months of over 80 degree weather, if that makes any difference..

You can do either, but the downside of not having an intercooler would be less horsepower, due to the increase of inlet air temperatures. You will see a reduction in hp, mainly in hot weather on a non-intercooled s-chgr, and will be more weather dependent on performance. An intercooled one will still see a hp reduction in hot weather, but will continue to perform rather well and the power loss will not be nearly as great. Non-intercooled is going to feel almost like a NA engine in hot weather. I did a logged run yesterday and recorded IATs over a 100 degrees despite it being 32, or so, outside and intercooled.

So really, it's up to you.

Superchargers create a lot of heat.

In that kind of climate I don't think it will matter if you got an intercooled supercharger or not. Intercooled or not, there is no difference in reliabilty. In hot climates the intercooled is going to work better. Alot of people on this site are pro radix but I'm not so sure thats the way to go just look at the track times list.

1. AZFASTESTSS: [email protected] 1.72 60ft

NX 100 shot, Vortech Supercharger with ice box, shift kit, custom exhaust, Airaid, ported trottlebody, JBA headers, Superchips programmerr

2. Viperkiller97: [email protected]

Superchips programming, Volant cai, Spintech, 135hp n2o, and descreened maf

3. setti: 13.057@104

whipple, flp trans (level 5), 3000 stall, street and performance programming, and ram air.

4.SSilverado60: [email protected] 1.92 60'

D1SC procharger @ 12PSI, LS1 fans, Spin tech dual exhaust, yank TT3000, LS1 edit

5. BigTex:[email protected]

2600 stall, cam, pulleys, fans, intake, headers, cutouts, LS1 edit

13.82 @ 97.8 on a 2.017 60'

6. n2opwr: [email protected]

100hp n2o, cai, flowmaster

7. dcairns:13.92@93

radix.

8. ChevyHighPerformance: [email protected]

radix.

Heck look at BigTex no supercharger no N2O

You can't base on it on this list though. Not everyone has had theirs to the track. That I know of, there have only been two radix charged trucks to the track, but mush more on this site. I haven't even been yet.

Bottom line, you have the choice. You'll regret not getting an intercooled package the first summer that rolls around or the first time you go to the track. Setti's truck cut his time in about 50 degree weather, I believe. Some of us really need it with the climate we're in, you may not.

Say Ben, when are you taking yours to the track? And before you turn it around, I'm taking mine as soon as I get the AFR heads on. Mid March. I'd like to see how our trucks match up, the main difference would be the Radix/KenneB chargers, unless you have any secrets. Maybe we can meet at a track.....Gator Land in Gainesville?

I'm seriously thinking about ordering the NX wet kit. I think it will be a good mod for less than $500.00.

To be done correctly and safely, think more along the lines of $2000 for a N2O system.

remote electric bottle opener, heater, window switch, etc...... Far from a $500 initial investment.

Archived