Should I?

IndySilveradoSS

Quick update, found 03 Blk, 61K, dealer says "it's better than new" (typical) he also says that they put their "lowest possible price" (haha) on the internet. So I'm going to haggle with him, give him my bottom dollar, and hopefully tonight I'll be the owner of an SS....Finally!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update, found 03 Blk, 61K, dealer says "it's better than new" (typical) he also says that they put their "lowest possible price" (haha) on the internet. So I'm going to haggle with him, give him my bottom dollar, and hopefully tonight I'll be the owner of an SS....Finally!!

so what is their lowest price for an 03 ss with 60K miles?

They said 19,988. I told them 18 out the door. Of course he said they can't go that low, but I told him that is exactly what the salesman said when I bought my wife her trailblazer, and i got it for 3500 less than what they wanted!! I want one, bad, but i'm not going to take in the butt so they can make a couple thousand more off me. Besides, in reality, were only 2000 apart!

:thumbs: Quick update, basically all that's left to do, is sign for it! They came off 1500 off the truck, paid mine off plus 500 (my trade's a piece of crap) and paid my taxes (1000). And the salesman said it couldn't be done. So hopefully I can go get it in the next couple fo days. bad part is that I've already been looking through accessory catalogs!! I'm thinking a Gibson Super Truck exhaust system. Any thoughts or recommendations? I ended up paying more than what I wanted to, but I'll have to cut down on my beer intake, or switch to a cheaper beer like Natty Lt. I'll try to post some pics when I get it back to Indy!

Congratulations BadSSChevy

I bought mine last Sat.

Absolutly love it and if your wife is anything like mine. She liked my 95 Z-71 but she just LOVES the SS, First thing she does when sitting shotgun is put on the heated seats LOL

:cheers:   *Cheers to you*

Tzer

for exhaust most people get Long Tube headers... LT's... good brands are Dynatechs ($$$$), Pacesetters ($$$), OBX ($$).... as far as options, here is generally what people do first...

CAI - cold air intake - AirAid, Volant, K&N, etc

Performance Tune - Zippy, .Justin, Nelson, etc...

Headers - see above

one of the biggest problems with these trucks is the horrible transmissions... anything more than a bolt on will usually cause transmission failure, even with a stock truck, these units go out... just ask Mr. P!

congrats on the new truck and welcome to the site!

One last note of interest.... this site has been around since 2002/3, make sure you use the search function... alot of the same questions and problems have been addressed thoroughly throughout the years... search before asking!

I would get rid of those mud-flaps to, and the bug shield. not a big fan of either one, but truck looks clean. :chevy:

Yes definitely get rid of the bug guard, but I personally would keep the splash guards. I have splash guards on mine and they help keep the truck cleaner longer as well as keep tar and other sticky crap off the rocker panels.........

mudflap.jpg

See, they don't look bad at all, you can hardly notice them. :chevy: