Vho Owners: Get In Here

badz24s

Hey guys,

I don't post much, but I've been lurking for a while. I have an 07 Classic "Sport." They came with the same 20" rims as the VHO's. I have one wheel that is pitting a little bit. There are small spots where the chrome is flaking off. Anybody else had any problems with these rims doing this? My truck is not driven much. I have had it over a year now and it only has 3300 miles. I think these wheels are discontinued. How would GM handle this under warranty if they are discontinued?

Thanks in advance

i havent had that problem, nor have i heard about it. im not sure they will do anything about. its cosmetic, and has nothing to do with how the truck runs. they could just say its rock chips or something. i dunno, best way is to take it in and find out

I have a 2004 with 39K on it, no problems with my wheels either. Faking/peeling chrome IS a DEFECT in workmanship which is covered under the bumper to bumper 3YR/36K. So in short, take ur truck in (so they can look at it), and they should order u a new wheel. I didn't know these 20" wheels were discontinued either. I figured when GM added them to the chrome appearance package the life of this style wheel we be preserved for much longer... :uhoh:

Keep us posted bro. If the GM dealership tries to NOT warranty the wheel, ask the service manager for the name and number of the local area GM rep. right there on the spot!!

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

BTW, I just checked PN# 88964471, which is correct for this wheel. GM shows 12 in Ft.Worth, TX and more in the Jackson, Miss and Flint, Mich parts depots. So I think ur safe as far as the possibility of this wheel being discontinued.... :thumbs:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)