Anyone Ever Drank Absinthe?

ShortBus

Well I happened to stop in the local liquor store tonight, and being a regular customer someone suggested I try a bottle. Lucid is the brand and it's fairly expensive, 66 bucks a bottle. 127 proof fun in a bottle. I recomend following the directions on the bottle closely. Deffientely a different buzz then normal but none of the crap you've heard about.

its not what u expected because it isnt the REAL stuff. its not legal in the US. so they sell knock offs that are still high proof but dont have any of the halucangens (sp). they sell the knock offs in mexico. only place i know that has it is Europe, and most easily available in Amsterdam

its not what u expected because it isnt the REAL stuff. its not legal in the US. so they sell knock offs that are still high proof but dont have any of the halucangens (sp). they sell the knock offs in mexico. only place i know that has it is Europe, and most easily available in Amsterdam

:withstupid:

I drank it in amsterdam, beautiful city. However Absinth is not all its cracked up to be.

:withstupid: absolutly right

I thought it was legal now in the US. It was legalized in the past year I think.

it is but it's not the real stuff, lik LeftCoast said the one they sell here in the US doesnt have the ROOT in it that makes people hallucinate they just make it real strong. i think it's the same thing just no ROOT...

-Rob

i dont drink but always thought about buying a bottle of the real stuff just for S&G's and yeah you are supposed to like do some sugar cube thing to make it work like cook it on a spoon or something i cant rememeber

i think your talking abotu heroin. :jester:

i just remember seeing it on eurotrip , ill try it but id rather just drink a beer.

I've tried it quite a few times. I have a friend who use to distill it. I also never experienced anything out of the ordinary. Something to relax with but you end up quite drunk after a while. like shortbus said most drinkers have special glasses and spoons, the spoon goes across the glass and has holes in it so the sugar will drain into the drink causing it to louche. Tasty drink if made right that is for sure.