No More Viper?

thomp62301

No American muscle should be done away with. Heck even the imports have a spot in someone's garage. Personally, I would take a Vette over the Viper, but the Viper guys feel as strongly as us SS guys and I'm sure the Lightning posse will back their product to the end. Here's my Vette. Hope to see the Viper back in a couple of years.

18.jpg

17.jpg

Heck, here's one of my Camaro SS from back in the days.

SSe-mail2.jpg

I was never a fan of the Viper, but sorry to see it go nevertheless. I always thought of it as a high priced "kit" car. The Corvette is a much more refined car, for a lot less money. Not as fast in base form, of course, but the Corvette would be my choice. :chevy:

I've always liked the Viper ever since Dodge came out with it. I do admit that the Vette is a much better daily driver among other things, but if I had the choice of getting one or the other I would probably go with teh Viper. Like rivierakid said, you don't see them nearly as much.

I just actually READ the article posted.

It doesn't actually say the Viper is discontinued.... LOL

Chrysler recently launched the freshened, more powerful, fourth generation Viper for the 2008 model year. Original plans had this car being built for only two model years. It was meant to be a stop-gap model until the next generation "ZC" car could be brought online. Now that an all new Viper won't happen, sources tell us that the fourth generation Viper will instead be built until around the 2011 model year. We'd also venture a guess that so long as the fourth gen is being built, a few of the track prepped ACR models will continue to trickle out of the factory.

What happens after 2011? That's a question we don't yet have an answer for.

my friend has a viper and i must say its pretty dope looking but after being in it twice i dont really like it :-\ even when he floors it and drives it crazy its just like ehhh dont really care. my other friend has a c6 vette and man i love that thing it really felt powerful and a blast to drive!! so i personally dont care for the viper. besides why is that they have to put a v10 engine in a 3lb car and it still doesnt even push that amazing of numbers compared to a 6 cylinder porsche turbo...